LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have not really gotten a chance to "dial" them in. I have only done daily driving with them and just have them set on mid setting. I will also lower the front slightly.

Install was done by Tuning Technologies. Went fine. Used Pedders HD Strut bushings and bearings.

Rear ride height is fixed and based upon my historic pictures is just a hair lower than stock but not much.

Front ride height is completely adjustable with a wide range, currently the front height also appears to be very close to my stock pictures, just a hair lower.

Again I am on the mid settings (compression and rebound are adjustable front and rear) The setting adjusts compression and rebound together, not seperately. 30 settings, I am on 15 for both.

Car is very responsive maybe even a little twitchy since I added the KAAZ at the same time (talking about accelerating out of a turn, KAAZ really bites), VERY little body roll. Ride quality is VERY good for daily driving. For a trip I would soften it up a bit, for the track I would stiffen them up.

I hit some very bad roads with pot holes big bumps, washboards etc. ...... their ability to soak all of that up and minimize passenger discomfort is FANTASTIC. It is exactly what I hoped for. When the back is tossed up it comes down, period, no bounce, it just immediately settles.

I need to get the car out to a proper road to really give an in depth review and get it all dialed in. I will dial in ride height this week. Next week I will dial in the settings.

The car will be on display at the Magnaflow gathering Saturday Sep 30th if you want to have a peek at it. Also if you are at all inclinded to purchase these, do it now, while Drummond has interest. We have seen other high-end choices go away, don't miss the opportunity on these, they are fantastic. As always I have offered free rides to anyone who wants to come by and check it out before you buy. An no.... I get no commision or benefit from promoting them. Just trying to keep choices available for those that want the high-end stuff.

Original thread with pictures
http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100645&highlight=Drummond

Top - Stock
Bottom - Drummond

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Very good to hear 1stGOAT, this looks like the setup I will be investing in.

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
are the rears easily dial in like the konis,and how much stiffer than the pedders are they..?

i need to dump my pedders im thinking,cause i have problems with the rear squating so much the tires rub...
im just wondering how these rears would compsre to like the pedders drag springs.
I just want something that i can dial in when i get to the track to eliminate squat then i can soften up when i leave the track.

also where did you order them from and prices compared to your pedders ..was it more or less.

·
It was a...
2,322 Posts
Cool...very interested in yor experience. Does this also improve the front strut clearance (vs the tire interference) or no?

I have the Kaaz in mine and love it - you'll get the hang of the added bite right away!

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the rears easily dial in like the konis,and how much stiffer than the pedders are they..?

i need to dump my pedders im thinking,cause i have problems with the rear squating so much the tires rub...
im just wondering how these rears would compsre to like the pedders drag springs.
I just want something that i can dial in when i get to the track to eliminate squat then i can soften up when i leave the track.

also where did you order them from and prices compared to your pedders ..was it more or less.
Fronts and rears both have a dial with 30 clicks, takes just a moment or two. Rear springs are very beefy and the shocks can be dialed in to whatever you want. Probably the greatest street, drag strip, road course setup you can get in my opinion.

You would order them directly from [email protected] (Mark). Not sure they are out yet, mine are the first for testing but I suspect if you order them you will get them. Pricing is considerably more than Pedders but it is in a different class of engineering.

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BlueFlyingGoat said:
Cool...very interested in yor experience. Does this also improve the front strut clearance (vs the tire interference) or no?

I have the Kaaz in mine and love it - you'll get the hang of the added bite right away!

Yes, improved strut clearance.

KAAZ is going to be cool but it will take some getting used to.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just a note guys, I am very happy that 1stGOAT took the plunge to try these out. They are the first set in North America. The reason we have not been pushing too much, is wanted to make sure that they work perfectly on the North American cars (US cars) as it has happened often in the past that a australian or european car is completely different than what we have over here.

These are off the shelf 40mm, nothing has been modified to fit, they bolt right in. Part number is ecs-pon-gt0-40a for the single adjustable model (rebound and compression adjusted simultaneously) and ecs-pon-gt0-50a-NT for the drag or track setups (specify which when ordering)

You can find these from our local distributors www.dmsnorthamerica.com/distributors or feel free to ask me any questions you may have, [email protected]

Thanks for the initial impression 1stGOAT, keep us posted, and let me know when you have a minute to chat, I sent you a spec sheet to fill out for me please.

Cheers,
-mark

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
DMS NA, how long do you expect to keep making these available? These seem to be bar none the best coilovers on the market but I will not be in the market for them for at least a couple of months. Where are you located at also? IIRC you said you're in Montreal, right?

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
Looks Great!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
They have been availble for years, and will continue to be availble for years to come. This is not a new product, we were just recently able to get a set onto our shores (thanks 1stGOAT) with a North American part number
ecs-pon-gto-40a for the street single adjustables and ecs-pon-gto-50a-NT for the drag or circuit double adjustable models (need to specify which one)

We do not normally discontinue products, but may not nesecarrily hold stock on a slow moving piece. The higher the sales are, the quicker the delivery times will be ;)

Thanks guys,
-mark

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Back from the dead... I know everyone is on this Chinese Coilover trend (sad) as of late, but has anyone picked up a set as of late? I know that only few can afford these but the build quality is through the roof, you can't compare em to much and there is a spring option for extreme tire clearance. The kit comes with king hd springs for the rear as standard equipment.

I'll post up some pics of my new spring set-up, soon. 550 lb fronts, from 450.

FOR THOSE CONSIDERING THIS KIT, STAY FAR AWAY FROM DMS NORTH AMERICA- JUST A DEALER. MARK IS DISHONEST AND RIPPED ME OFF DURING A TRANSACTION. HE ONLY CARES ABOUT THE SALE.

JAMIE AT DMS IN AU PROVIDES GOOD, HONEST SERVICE. I HAVE HAD MANY DEALINGS WITH JAMIE. I BELIEVE HE IS THE OWNER.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts