LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
And your point is.......
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, when (if) I master the launch, my et's will be very favorable. I was car #16 and raced a LS1 RX7 which was very fast. The driver and two of his buddies stared at my engine compartment for 10 minutes and walked away heads shaking. Awe, the hidden dry shot made them sad.


I must say, Nitro Dave has what you need to make some very serious HP. Putting it to the ground, however is another story. For anyone that says N20 is unsafe for the car has not investigated it.

Contact Dave and find out how affordable a 100 hp + power adder can be.

Peace
 

·
Site Sponsor
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
Nice times. Its alwasy fun watching someone getting puzzled while checking out your ride.lol
Thank you for your support.
Dave
 

·
My Couch Now.
Joined
·
916 Posts
Wow, that must have been and awesome race to watch. I take it the RX-7 was gaining on you and would have passed you had the race been longer? It came across the line at a higher MPH than you. You must have had a good launch.
 

·
Bann3d
Joined
·
6,043 Posts
you have got you an easy 11 sec. car there with any kind of traction and 60ft. Very nice run

"Wow, that must have been and awesome race to watch. I take it the RX-7 was gaining on you and would have passed you had the race been longer? It came across the line at a higher MPH than you. You must have had a good launch" actually there (nzarnow) at these kind of speeds you are only looking at approx. 1 ft. a second per MPH so he was not gaining to much at all
if you look at the last 1/8 mile times the rx7 only gained .04 sec.
 

·
Used to have one
Joined
·
4,734 Posts
nzarnow said:
Wow, that must have been and awesome race to watch. I take it the RX-7 was gaining on you and would have passed you had the race been longer? It came across the line at a higher MPH than you. You must have had a good launch.
they were pretty much the same, cept the gto left earlier (which doesnt effect ET's actually) butyea the rx7 is the faster car...power/weight ratio FTW
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Gotta love the hidden nitrous! With a 1.8 60ft you got an 11.8X car there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Gotta love the hidden nitrous! With a 1.8 60ft you got an 11.8X car there!
I was thinking the same thing, I'm not sure if I'd be bragging if I had a heads, cam, boltons LS1 car with N2O that runs 12's.
 

·
And your point is.......
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GTWhoa said:
I was thinking the same thing, I'm not sure if I'd be bragging if I had a heads, cam, boltons LS1 car with N2O that runs 12's.
Ya, I wouldn't be bragging either, that's why I wasn't. But you are wrong about the car running 12's. It will run 11's, probaly low 11's. That is with a driver worth a chit. I am still learning the technique. I am pleased with the car, working on my ability.

The purpose of the post was to discuss potential of nitrous in a GTO.
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
Great run. Sounds like the LS1 RX7 was pretty nice too.

But if I read the slip correctly, looks like you redlighted. :slap:

Congrats. :)

Padre
 

·
And your point is.......
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PadreGTO said:
Great run. Sounds like the LS1 RX7 was pretty nice too.

But if I read the slip correctly, looks like you redlighted. :slap:

Congrats. :)

Padre
Details, details. Believe it or not I went from a 2.3 to the 2.08 60. I think I was used to taking forever to get out of the box.
On a positive note, practice is a whole lot cheaper the the engine mods. You are due to get back to the track, ya?
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
Talk to Doc GTO about launching the M6. No reason you can't get it down to a 1.8 with more practice.

Are you spraying from the launch or what?

I'd love to get back to the track, but just don't have the time. Might be next year before I can. :(

Padre
 

·
Bann3d
Joined
·
6,043 Posts
GotGTO said:
Ya, I wouldn't be bragging either, that's why I wasn't. But you are wrong about the car running 12's. It will run 11's, probaly low 11's. That is with a driver worth a chit. I am still learning the technique. I am pleased with the car, working on my ability.

The purpose of the post was to discuss potential of nitrous in a GTO.
Not to be mean, just realistic, you are prob. looking at an 11.80 car.
Low 11's would only happen with some freak of nature pass..
and I am sure you will notice you MPH being lower as your launches get better,
never the less looks like you have things in place and have a very respectible
car. Congrats. man
 

·
Used to have one
Joined
·
4,734 Posts
slowgoat said:
Not to be mean, just realistic, you are prob. looking at an 11.80 car.
Low 11's would only happen with some freak of nature pass..
and I am sure you will notice you MPH being lower as your launches get better,
never the less looks like you have things in place and have a very respectible
car. Congrats. man
the car seems to have a mid 11 sec MPH but that would need to be on some serious tire and he'd have to cut a low 60" (like a 1.6) to do it. plus on tire im sure he could gain that mph back by launching with spray
 

·
And your point is.......
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slowgoat said:
Not to be mean, just realistic, you are prob. looking at an 11.80 car.
Low 11's would only happen with some freak of nature pass..
and I am sure you will notice you MPH being lower as your launches get better,
never the less looks like you have things in place and have a very respectible
car. Congrats. man
You may be right. No matter what, it's going to take more seat time for me to get better. Only three trips to the track so far.
 

·
And your point is.......
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PadreGTO said:
Talk to Doc GTO about launching the M6. No reason you can't get it down to a 1.8 with more practice.

Are you spraying from the launch or what?

I'd love to get back to the track, but just don't have the time. Might be next year before I can. :(

Padre
No 1st gear lock out, but with wot bad tire spin, worse 60's. Maybe a lockout would help.

Best so far was a 3k slip with controlled throttle to prevent tire spin.
 

·
Bann3d
Joined
·
6,043 Posts
ExTurbo said:
the car seems to have a mid 11 sec MPH but that would need to be on some serious tire and he'd have to cut a low 60" (like a 1.6) to do it. plus on tire im sure he could gain that mph back by launching with spray



Good luck to Ya, Looks to me like these are the numbers you are thinking
he could achieve
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top