LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Magic Blue Bottle
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have looked all over, talked to NOS, and visited countless nitrous sites and I can't get any information relating directly to our cars. Plenty of information out there on F-bodies and while we have the same engines I am unsure if our cars will react the same.

#1 Will our stock setup (injectors, fuel pump) be adequate for use with a 100-125 horse dry kit?

#2 Will our MAF read the denser charge and make the correct engine adjustments (timing, fuel pressure)?

#3 Anybody put a dry kit on yet?

·
Lovin my GEE TEE OOOOOO!!!
161 Posts
was told by someone that a wet system was the way to go.
put a 75 wet system on mine it seems to work well and simple hook up too!!

·
Magic Blue Bottle
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just when I thought my post would go totally unanswered....

Did you tap into the schader valve (sp?) for the fuel supply?

Have you check your fuel pressure while spraying and if so, what does it run at?

I talked to a shop that specializes in LS1 camaro/firebirds and he said that wet was the way to go also. I wanted to run a 125 shot but haven't been able to find any info on our fuel systems.

Thanks for any input

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
125 shot would be pretty big to go without extra fuel enrichment. Even if it was safe, I wouldnt go that route due to the fact it would still be a major "what if" when the button is down and your at WOT.

Mabee i'm wrong, but the MAF cant compensate for nitrous as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
56 Posts
CSiJason said:
125 shot would be pretty big to go without extra fuel enrichment. Even if it was safe, I wouldnt go that route due to the fact it would still be a major "what if" when the button is down and your at WOT.

Mabee i'm wrong, but the MAF cant compensate for nitrous as far as I am aware.
I think he was talking about a "wet" shot which would include fuel and nitrous as opposed to a "dry" shot of nitrous only, right??

·
Registered
980 Posts
I met up with a guy with a 800 hp camaro and he said that our engines should be able to take a 150 shot w/o issue. I dont know anything about this wet or dry stuff tho.

Both him and his father have are long time modders and his car was spectacular--even had drag chutes!

He also said that if was he in the market for a new ride that the GTO would be it and that I should be able to take him off the line due to traction issues.

FYI: This is just some 3rd hand info and I do not claim any responsibility for the validity of the content.

_DM

·
Magic Blue Bottle
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I am talking about a wet kit. I can't get any info on whether or not or set up would support a safe dry kit so I am leaning more towards a wet kit.

I know our engines themselves will handle a 150 shot or more...my concern lies with the stock fuel system and if it can support a 125 shot.

I figured with all the people on the board that somebody did a wet or dry kit on a somewhat stock GTO. I really didn't feel like being the test mule.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts