LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LS-WON
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I pull the trigger on a Dry N20 setup I just wanted to run this by you guys real quick. Im new to Nitrous, so forgive me if Im missing something...

Currently I am running a LG Motorsports GX51 cam specs are 228/232 .588 .574 112 LSA. I would like to know what you guys think is a reasonable shot size with that cam on an otherwise stock fuel system.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
fastgoat said:
Before I pull the trigger on a Dry N20 setup I just wanted to run this by you guys real quick. Im new to Nitrous, so forgive me if Im missing something...

Currently I am running a LG Motorsports GX51 cam specs are 228/232 .588 .574 112 LSA. I would like to know what you guys think is a reasonable shot size with that cam on an otherwise stock fuel system.

I think 100 dry shot would be fine, but check your injectors, mine are 104% duty cycle, of course I have tons of other mods, but make sure your A/F ratio is right!

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
yea that cam will be good with nitrous, but on the fuel issue......

some injectors are cheap insurance, go with some 42# injectors and you coudl add heads, full exhuast, or up the shot later on.

i have a 150 shot with full exhaust and im at about 78% on 42# injectors

·
And your point is.......
1,065 Posts
Scott said:
Invest in a widedand A/F moniter. It's cheep insurance, and takes the guess work out of it. I keep an eye on mine while I'm on the spray. Dynotunenitrous.com has the LM1, a quality unit that works great. You should be okay on the stock injectors, but you can never be to safe. a couple $100.00 bucks can save a $5000.00 motor.
this is so true.

·
Your Local sandbagger!!!
47 Posts
gtobizman said:
this is so false.
Really, so your dry system is going to hit harder than my wet system and be just as fail safe?

I have had a few bottom 9 sec 2 unit having cars and been in the PSCA for 6 years and yet not one fast person runs a dry plate set up, they all run dedicated fuel systems for the FUEL side of the nitrous. Now if you dont have cash to spend then I could see buying dry kit, but spend the extra money and have some added insurance.

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
hmmmm, dry kist are cheaper then wet kits? having to buy injectors makes up for the fuel solenoid, so it cancels that idea out right there......unless you have a dedicated fuel cell, but i dont see that in question here.

and my dry shot......yes i believe it could hit harder then your wet shot, and probably more fail safe. either shot can hit JUST as hard as the other. Also when you find a dry plate kit, i'd love to see it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dry vs. wet, lol!!! I run a wet 100-150 shot on the stock ls1 with headers,exhaust, stock injectors are like 78% duty cycle. Since a dry setup will use the injectors to supply the fuel I would think you are going to be real close to maxing them out. I am installing heads/cam and will also add a LPE fuel pump with a boost a pump and 36 injectors. If you are just headers, cam, get a wet setup and then you don't have to change the injectors and I would bet you will be ok but an LC-1 with HPtuners let's me know for sure.

·
Registered
370 Posts
SteveNaz said:
Really, so your dry system is going to hit harder than my wet system and be just as fail safe?

I have had a few bottom 9 sec 2 unit having cars and been in the PSCA for 6 years and yet not one fast person runs a dry plate set up, they all run dedicated fuel systems for the FUEL side of the nitrous. Now if you dont have cash to spend then I could see buying dry kit, but spend the extra money and have some added insurance.
k first, if you read, i never said dry > wet. i just said wet is not > dry. ok...so if the fuel gets there through solenoids or the fuel gets there through injectors what difference does it make? as long as fuel and nitrous get there in the desired amounts you are gonna make the power. now if you are spraying your wet shot through the intake manifold, i would bet a dry shot is more fail safe. if you are direct port it's all good. Plus, I know the thread starter and he is not going to be spraying enough to warrant dedicated fuel systems. we're talking street cars here not 9 second cars running 600hp dual stage progressively controlled shots. put things in context. not everyone is trying to win NHRA competitions.

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
honestly lets not screw this guys thread up worse then it already is.....

if u wanna talk wet vs. dry, head on over to ls1tech.

i think you get get a 75-100 shot on the stock system.........anything else= pump/injectors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts