LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
I bought the aluminum version after already owning the aluminum/chromoly 2pc version. Vibrated, checked the angles and addressed it, still shook. Slapped the tail housing and contacted the exhaust. But the exhaust issue was present slightly on my 2pc as well. Sold it after 30 days or so. Was told it was better by the internet and turned out that wasnt the case.

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 speed, 1-7/8 ARH Headers, corsa sport catback, DSS 1000 h.p. 1 pc. D/S, K&N intak
436 Posts
I like mine. Has a ever so slight vibration. However it puts the power to the rear and you can feel the car lift in the front a tad when you gas it. My car now has more vibration due to solid motor engine and transmission mounts. I call it a quark to owning these cars myself anyway, it's a trade off. Maybe the 2 piece would be a good choice as an option but I can't say for that version.

Also I like the fact it has larger u joints. It is a well built unit.

·
Wol Gemut
3,582 Posts
interesting to read of an issue with aluminum one-piece. a friend has the aluminum in his GTO and a test drive was all it took to know I wanted a one-piece. I detected no vibration whatsoever, however his did clunk when engaging sometimes (do not know if that is the shaft or diff). anyway, I got the cf, and it is awesome, definitely worth the additional cost if it is within the budget.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all who took time to respond I truly appreciate it. I'm gonna pull the trigger on it because the price is right. I'll make sure to post pics of the install. My brother is going to help me with it so I'll report back when it's done. Again much appreciated.
🤘🏽

·
Registered
2006 GTO C.G.M. 6 speed, 1-7/8 ARH Headers, corsa sport catback, DSS 1000 h.p. 1 pc. D/S, K&N intak
436 Posts
You won't regret it imo. Be sure also the bolt for the seat belt in the rear to grind it down also it might be needed I know I had to.

·
Is that FWD?
1,274 Posts
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel

Musical instrument Automotive tire Wood Wheel Tire

I also have 1 piece Carbon fiber drive shaft. It is amazing and no vibrations at any speed. For my seat belt bolts added a few washers inside car from bolts, this made bolts sit flush underneath so driveshaft wouldn't hit. Washers took 5 minutes to install.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 512422
View attachment 512423
I also have 1 piece Carbon fiber drive shaft. It is amazing and no vibrations at any speed. For my seat belt bolts added a few washers inside car from bolts, this made bolts sit flush underneath so driveshaft wouldn't hit. Washers took 5 minutes to install.
That seriously looks really clean. I can't wait to get mine on. Yesterday I was driving mine, and the stock is starting to vibrate at lower speed 45mph. So it's definitely time.

·
Is that FWD?
1,274 Posts
That seriously looks really clean. I can't wait to get mine on. Yesterday I was driving mine, and the stock is starting to vibrate at lower speed 45mph. So it's definitely time.
I put this CF driveshaft on in 2017. I think it was most noticeable upgrades I have done. Power is instant no more lag if that makes sense. I have also made like 50 passes at 1/4 mile track and a lot of spirited driving, etc. Great driveshaft. Really easy to install as well. I did mine by myself in driveway.

Reactions: bo06gto

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put this CF driveshaft on in 2017. I think it was most noticeable upgrades I have done. Power is instant no more lag if that makes sense. I have also made like 50 passes at 1/4 mile track and a lot of spirited driving, etc. Great driveshaft. Really easy to install as well. I did mine by myself in driveway.
I truly like the CF one but its out of finacial range. I'm gonna do the DSS. It has the best reviews between DSS and Hinson. The Hinson tends to have fitment issues with the 04 GTOs. I truly can't wait to feel the difference.

·
Registered
936 Posts
@bo06gto If you remember, please get me the size of the hardware holding the carrier bearing in place? I have an OEM shaft to go in but no hardware but I'm too lazy to get the car on ramps again to check. :ROFLMAO:
Timing cover bolt, rear cover, valley cover. All the same thread and pitch. Should be able to look that info up. .75 or 1" fully threaded.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts