LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
54,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a search to see if this had been covered before, and didn't dig anything up. I figured since I got my hands on a set of each, I'd share some side-by-side comparison shots..

If it's been done before (which I would have believed would have been done by now) well, I guess look at the pretty pictures.

Some of the obvious differences that you will notice is the GForce1320 are single piece, DSS are two piece.

The GForce1320 axle flanges and inner shafts are thicker than on the DSS version.

The DSS has rolled splines. GForce1320 are cut.

The ABS reluctor wheel on the DSS is pressed on. Gforce1320 is welded on.

The DSS stub axle is 300M. The GForce1320 is made out of a propriety "premium alloy."

the GForce1320 units are also completely coated, where the DSS units only have a coating on the flanges.

·
Worthless reject member
54,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you heard of anyone breaking either or?
i've heard of GForce1320 stuff breaking, but those were on other vehicles in times past. There is a thread on the forums of someone shearing axle bolts and twisting a GForce1320 stub, but it didn't break. TBH, i think these are a redesign. They used to offer two-peice stubs as well, and their stubs had been marketed as 300M, but they seem to have discontinued them.

Can you add some text before the pix so we know what we're looking at (DSS vs. G-force)? Great pix!
Done and did-ed.

For me the deciding factor in choosing the DSS version is the rolled splines instead of cut splines. But then I used the GForce billet side adjusters that allow for a wider bearing.
I do like the DSS design, and the slightly lower cost point. Having run them in the past, i have no complaints. They hold up well to abuse, but I noticed the 300m material wears at the splines. At least it was that instead of twisting and breakage. You would probably need to replace them after a while. DSS could probably rebuild them for you with new shafts, which would be less than a complete new pair.

Not sure how well the GForce1320 splines will hold up under a lot of abuse, tbh. The GForce1320's look pretty beefy, otherwise. I wish there was more info on what material they used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts