LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
MO POWA!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

Well we cut over 16” out of the overall width, changed to an aluminum thru bolt case, backcut and rem polished 3.50’s, chromoly QP spool, backbrAce and Trick Chassis LCAB’s. Going to add an additional chromoly tube brace tying the Lcabs to the center of the diff. I’ll throw it all in the jig and weld it up.

·
MO POWA!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Love the build man. Im so happy you were able to get your old car back and give it the resto it deserves. Obviously, the car is being built for drag racing but did you ever put the car through any kind of road course when you owned it before? Id be curious to read about your impressions of having the live axle vs the IRS for daily driving and any kind of fast twisties.
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words! So I drove the car all
Over hell and back with the sra. No rear sway bar, front bar only. It drive great to me, it still drove better than anything else I owned, I never did any hard cornering other than drifting corners and round about etc with it, never any autocroas unfortunately. The new setup will hve a watts link instead of a panhard bar so that’s a little bit more road race orientated lol

·
MO POWA!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Well, major setback today. Tore the glide down to a bare case today to transfer the internals to another case.
Supposed to have an 8 clutch aftermarket drum. It has a stock 5.
Supposed to have a straight cut 1.8 ratio planetary set, it has a stock 1.82 set.
supposd to have a 4340 output shaft, it’s stock.
supposed to have a dual ring servo, it’s stock.
SMH! About $1350 I gotta dump into the trans I wasn’t planning on doing now, wonderful.

·
MO POWA!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

·
Registered
675 Posts
Do you have pics of the backcut gears?

·
MO POWA!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

converter is on its way

·
MO POWA!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

Yummy!

·
MO POWA!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Changed up my header program today. The turbo headers hit my steering rack. These have almost 2” more room than the turbo ones

81 - 91 of 91 Posts