LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I'm sure the diehard GTO "old schoolers" will be grateful for a rig like that. I, on the other hand, am defiantly maintaining my "dual exhaust, single side exit" stock setup. To me, it's a defining feature of the '04 GTO.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
FLORIT said:
I'm sure the diehard GTO "old schoolers" will be grateful for a rig like that. I, on the other hand, am defiantly maintaining my "dual exhaust, single side exit" stock setup. To me, it's a defining feature of the '04 GTO.

I completely agree with you Florit. I like the way the exhaust is setup now and I think it also defines a 2004 from everyone else. But I don't think that setup looks bad.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
miamio said:
Those are stock

thanks for info. i wasn't sure. i had to look at some pics to convince myself.

is this a new rear bumper. or is the stock one modified?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
nikivee said:
How about some pics of the underside of the car? Plus I don't like the dual tips. Too much like a GP or GA. Two nice oval shaped tips would really clean up the rear alot.
Amen, brother. I agree 100%. If you INSIST on splitting the dual exhaust to each side, PLEASE make them single pipes, or you risk making the GTO look even MORE like every other Pontiac.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I much prefer the single tips, one on each side, instead of the duals.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I really like it. It is similar to the Autocross package, minus the GTO logo between the exhaust outlets in the rear bumper.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sorry to take so long to get back to this thread, I was driving the car to Seattle from LA. Fun trip, by the way. Let me see if I can answer some of these questions before the official product release goes out Monday.

I've only had a limited amount of time to participate in this forum the past few months but let me take this opportunity to introduce myself and our company to those of you who are not familiar with us.

PFYC has been in the late model GM aftermarket accessory business for almost 6 years, specializing in Grand Prix, Grand Am and Corvette as well as a few other model lines. The past 3 years, we've been fortunate enough to be chosen by the Grand Prix and Corvette Brand teams at GM to build project vehicles for SEMA. In 2002, we were one of only three companies selected by the Corvette Brand Team to build a SEMA Project Corvette for GM. We were proud to present the PFYC “From Rush Hour to Race Track” Z06.

http://www.pfyc.com/Z06/

In 2003 we were the only company selected by the Grand Prix Brand Team to do a 2004 Project Grand Prix for SEMA. We introduced the 2004 Grand Prix Inferno.

http://www.pfyc.com/inferno/

I’d like to share with you some of the products we’ve been working on for the new GTO.

This year, our project GTO is doubling as an R&D vehicle for not only our own line of Speedbuilt® products but also the products of other well respected companies. Magnuson products is using our GTO for development of their Intercooled Supercharger system. Borla used our GTO for R&D for their soon to be released cat back system for the GTO. Eibach will test their new springs on our GTO. We are producing our own hood which will be introduced and in stock in about two weeks. It will be available in both fiberglass and carbon fiber versions and is manufactured by one of the most respected companies in the business.

When we needed someone to manufacture the cat-back system we had planned for the GTO, we turned to Borla Performance. I’m proud to announce our first GTO specific product available is the Speedbuilt® Banshee Cat-Back Exhaust System built by Borla Performance.

First I'd like to say I understand those who would like to keep their stock setups. Personally, the exhaust note is one of my favorite features of the new GTO. In fact, I was worried how we would come up with something better or even just as good for that matter. I was worried that whatever we ended up with would be too loud or not sound as good. When we finished, my worries were over. It is a little deeper and about the same sound level at idle. In city driving it is a little louder and still deeper. On the highway, it is perfect, you can hardly hear it unless you are accelerating and even then, it just sounds good (I was worried there would be highway drone which I can’t stand). Personally, I really like it and think it is an improvement on what was already a very nice system. To those who keep the stock setup, I totally understand your feelings and can't say it’s a bad choice. But choice it what we're working to provide and there is a demand for this type of system. I think this particular system fulfills that demand very well.

Tips. Yes, we will have two different oval tips available separately for those that would like to have different tips. Again, it’s all about choice. However, I personally didn’t like the ovals because the rear valance is very rounded in that area and the oval tips stuck out on the outside of each side. Notice the tips in the picture are staggered to go with the way the valance is starting to wrap around at that point. This picture illustrates that better.

http://www.pfyc.com/gto/gto_exhaust_side.jpg

We are also working on a rear valance piece that will go over the existing rear valance to give a more finished look vs. just the cutout on the passenger side.

Borla will be releasing a cat-back system that is in the stock configuration with a driver’s side exit only. We will carry it in addition to our system once it is released (about 2 weeks from now is what I was told).

It is a total bolt on system (I watched Borla install this first production system in 15 minutes Wednesday afternoon). There is a nut up underneath the passenger side that it uses as a mount for a bracket that holds the passenger side hangars. The system is constructed of T-304 Stainless and comes with a lifetime warranty. Introductory pricing will be $699 for this first batch of systems since we got them ordered before Borla’s price increase. The price of steel is skyrocketing and exhaust prices are increasing all over.

I invite anyone in the Seattle area that might want to see and hear the system to email me. The car will be here all of next week before returning to California. Anyone in the Orange County area is welcome to email me if you are interested in seeing or hearing the system the following week when the car returns to Orange County. I just returned from a car show in Issaquah and a few GTO club members got to see and hear the system and had nothing but praise for it. I’d love to show it off to anyone who is interested.

If you’ve made it this far through this novel, thanks for reading. I sometimes get longwinded if you didn’t already notice. Jon, let me know if I need to send some extra money for the bandwidth. :)

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
nikivee said:
Sounds great!!!! I like that hood on the GP! Very sharp car.
I'll second that! The GP looks AWESOME. Great job!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
WOW Mike!

That Grand Prix Inferno is awesome! Is that hood for sale? Who did the custom paint on the Grand Prix? It is super sharp!

Have you considered showing your vehicles with the GM/Chevy/Pontiac exhibits at the Woodward Dream Cruise, in the Detroit area? It is the third Saturday in August. Over 1.5 million people go to that 1 day event. Some people don't like it because they say it has gotten too big but I enjoy it, along with the other 1.5 million people!.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
miamio, definetly look me up. The exact dates I will be back down aren't set in stone yet but I'll email you when I know. I do know I have to be in Orange County by the 12th. When we hook up, I'll give you a sneak peak at the new GTO hood and you can check out the blower on it too. I'll look forward to meeting you.

Thanks all for the nice comments on the Grand Prix Inferno. It is actually back at the paint shop right now. We have a new rear spoiler and front air dam we're releasing this week and they are being painted now. Its painted by Vale's Kustom Kolors in Stanton, California (near Disneyland to those unfamiliar with SoCal). Our GTO will be painted by Dick Vale when it is done as well, we've been very pleased with the work he's done for us. The Inferno hood is available in our Grand Prix Store at PFYC. It has been very popular.

READYtoROCK, there is a strong liklihood that the GTO will be at the Dream Cruise this year and we will probably send the Grand Prix there as well. I'm not sure if the Z06 will make it or not but it will be at Carlisle for sure.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

1 - 20 of 29 Posts