LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
So after giving it some thought this morning I think I'm going to go with a different solution. I'm going to give it a try with a Holley Hydramat with a -10 outlet and a Y fitting to feed 2 pumps, probably Walbro 450s. The one I went with is a 30"x14" mat so assuming that covers the majority of the tank bottom I shouldn't really ever have issues with running out of fuel, even at low levels. This would let me hack up the bucket and delete the venturi altogether.
Im not sure that mat will fit in there flat. I dont think the bottom of the tank is 14 wide with the factory baffle in the way. Not to say you couldnt bend it though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Im not sure that mat will fit in there flat. I dont think the bottom of the tank is 14 wide with the factory baffle in the way. Not to say you couldnt bend it though.
Yeah the plan is to bend it to fit. The width of the tank inside definitely isn't 14" but I got the Hydramat for a good price so I'm going to make it work.

·
Registered
2006 PBM GTO M6 - F1A /14 psi - 755/648
76 Posts
I highly recommend looking into Lonnies double pump full return. Have it in mine and I love it. Only down side is pulling ur fuel bucket and sending it off to them for fab work. Other than that, love the system. Solid 60 psi throughout.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I highly recommend looking into Lonnies double pump full return. Have it in mine and I love it. Only down side is pulling ur fuel bucket and sending it off to them for fab work. Other than that, love the system. Solid 60 psi throughout.
I actually spoke to Lonny about his setup and while I'm sure it works great, he said that you really need a 1/4 tank of gas at all times to avoid fuel sloshing issues and I'm really particular about that. I think the route I'm going to go is going to work perfectly for my application though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This is what I did. Used the stock fuel line as a return.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior Auto part

21 - 25 of 25 Posts