LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just baught a duck bill style spoiler and it hits the rear quarters pretty hard on the right side close to the truck lid and slight on the left side in the same spot. I adjusted the trunk and the spoiler as much as I could and it still hits. have you guys had to sand the bottoms of these out for clearance or do you run some kind of weather strip foam or something under the back side of the spoiler to jack it up slightly. If I have to I am going to take the whole car to the body shop but I would hate to do that.Just wanted some advice.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
dare I ask is it a AP/DMS spoiler... if so, the fiberglass work might be off, so you're only routes would be a) return it or b) do all the body work to adjust it, but then if you do that, will the spoiler be level across the trunk... or will it slope down to one side?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I baught it from gravana and yes the fiberglass is less than ready to paint . It needs a good amount of work before it gets paint but other than it hitting the rear quarters slightly it fits good for a fiberglass item. my main thing is do you guys just mount them directly to the trunk or do you run a insulater between the spoiler and the trunk lid like whats on the OE spoiler where it mounts to the trunk. If so I believe that would space it up High enough to my be work without sanding on the spoiler.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
Here is what I did

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,959 Posts
Ouch that had to be expensive, looks great though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts