LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched and found the firewall grommet, but can't seem to get my 4 gauge wire through.

were you all able to just punch right through the grommet?

did you pull the grommet out, then make a hole, feed the wire through, and re-install the grommet?

i've tried both ways, sprained a few fingers and bruised my wrists, and can't seem to find an easy way to get my power wire through.

i've got to say, this is by far the most solidly-built vehicle i've tried to work with, but it sure is a pain in the ass sometimes!

·
A Miserable Prick
115 Posts

·
Part of the Raider Nation
261 Posts
mixedxboy said:
i've searched and found the firewall grommet, but can't seem to get my 4 gauge wire through.

were you all able to just punch right through the grommet?

did you pull the grommet out, then make a hole, feed the wire through, and re-install the grommet?

i've tried both ways, sprained a few fingers and bruised my wrists, and can't seem to find an easy way to get my power wire through.

i've got to say, this is by far the most solidly-built vehicle i've tried to work with, but it sure is a pain in the ass sometimes!
I got 0 gauge through there by just cutting an X in the grommet. It took a little while since you are working at a weird angle. Try some lube on the end of the wire.

293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts
eqsandleds said:
I got 0 gauge through there by just cutting an X in the grommet. It took a little while since you are working at a weird angle. Try some lube on the end of the wire.
That's how I ran mine too, did have the small daughter inside to pull it through

·
A Miserable Prick
115 Posts
I was able to fit 0 gauge by increasing the opening to 1 1/4 using a hole saw. I installed a 7/8 hole saw concentrically on the same drill bit (which fits into the existing hole) to keep the 1 1/4 hole saw centered. Also used a 12" extension.

I drilled from the inside of course; remove the glovebox and the right kick panel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts