LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, if there are any tampa members I'd love to meet ya. I'll be getting my car tuned this tuesday by Jeremy over at revextreme. Thanks tiggerfan for all your help!
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
gtodoug said:
Hey everyone, if there are any tampa members I'd love to meet ya. I'll be getting my car tuned this tuesday by Jeremy over at revextreme. Thanks tiggerfan for all your help!
damn you guys and these mid week dyno's.........what time? maybe i can find a way down.......... :p
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
Can't wait to see the numbers. :cool:

And if you top mine, then, well, :punch: I'm just gonna have to go back and see what I can do. :secret: (My 3.73's and 125-shot should be on within the next week or so.) ;)

Padre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, secretly I was hoping to top your numbers. I know you have an a4 and me an m6 but I should be a little higher with a full catback later and I am still running cats. I'll post the sheets as soon as I get home of course. Look for some #'s late tuesday night after the 4 hour drive home. I'm really excited to see if we can squeeze some more power out of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
damn you guys and these mid week dyno's.........what time? maybe i can find a way down.......... :p
I agree! Does the term WEEKEND mean anything in south Florida??? Maybe you guys down there don't work and can do whatever you want whenever you want but have some consideration for us that do have jobs. Please schedule your dyno's for the weekends so we can meet up....
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
gtodoug said:
Well, secretly I was hoping to top your numbers. I know you have an a4 and me an m6 but I should be a little higher with a full catback later and I am still running cats. I'll post the sheets as soon as I get home of course. Look for some #'s late tuesday night after the 4 hour drive home. I'm really excited to see if we can squeeze some more power out of it.
I should be able to squeeze some more out of mine as well. Given my trap speeds, I'm making a good bit more than 393 - more like 420 (and that was on street tires and 19" rims). I'm going back for a retune now that the engine with mods has 5k+ miles on it. Should be fun. :)

Let the games begin! :cool:

Good luck, bro. Padre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I should be able to squeeze some more out of mine as well. Given my trap speeds, I'm making a good bit more than 393 - more like 420 (and that was on street tires and 19" rims). I'm going back for a retune now that the engine with mods has 5k+ miles on it. Should be fun. :)

Let the games begin! :cool:

Good luck, bro. Padre
Thanks alot Padre!!! You ARE NOT HELPING MY WALLET!!!! :banghead:

_DM
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
dmonty said:
Thanks alot Padre!!! You ARE NOT HELPING MY WALLET!!!! :banghead:
Hehe. Well I'm pretty good about taking up collections and helping the needy, so just let me know. :gr_jest:

And what is it about this "weekend" stuff? You mean you actually get to take Saturday and Sunday off? :confused: Man, wish I lived in a world where I could do that... :gr_jest:

Padre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Hehe. Well I'm pretty good about taking up collections and helping the needy, so just let me know. :gr_jest:

And what is it about this "weekend" stuff? You mean you actually get to take Saturday and Sunday off? :confused: Man, wish I lived in a world where I could do that... :gr_jest:

Padre
I apologize Padre. I admit I have never given much thought about your having to work on Sundays. It just seems a shame that us Tampa owners have people coming here for a dyno and we are not able to meet them.

I think we take our fortune for granted to have TiggerFan at RevXtreme and BMR based locally.

Hey Jason, want to try and schedule a trip to SoFla next month? I am sure you can come up with some excuse....

_DM
 

·
GTOWILL
Joined
·
236 Posts
Hey my bad DMonty...would've loved to meet up. I took Friday off, because my youngest brother flew down from CT to visit me and my other brother. I wanted to do the dyno Friday because my bro that lives in Tampa had to work yesterday (you're not the only one!) and we wanted to hit up Busch Gardens today. Dude, that Montu ride kicked my arse!!! Great coaster. Anyway, I'll be back to RevXtreme for a tune after I do some work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
sorry, but i could only go on the WEEKEND. :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This sucks guys. I am in sales so taking a weekend would mean using vacation days and my other half would be kind of upset as she has her heart set on going away, and leaving the car at home.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
gtodoug said:
This sucks guys. I am in sales so taking a weekend would mean using vacation days and my other half would be kind of upset as she has her heart set on going away, and leaving the car at home.
well let us know the results........sorry I could not get down there.
 

·
DOG
Joined
·
626 Posts
380 at the rears SAE from 363 baseline earlier in the day.

Not bad for what was an already tuned car. It is also idling a lot better and has a lot less knock issues. Car should be much more streetable.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
tiggerfan said:
380 at the rears SAE from 363 baseline earlier in the day.

Not bad for what was an already tuned car. It is also idling a lot better and has a lot less knock issues. Car should be much more streetable.
yep I heard from Doug.......Another Happy Goat........he really liked the whole crew down there.
 

·
DOG
Joined
·
626 Posts
Yeah. we were happy, especially since we turned that 363 with much better air then what we had when we turned the 380 later. Without getting into too many details, the tune that was in the car was basically crap. I'm not going to blast anyone or say who did it, but it wasn't a great tune in a lot of ways, though it was better than stock. The car has a lot of funky stuff in its timing tables, and could probably gain some more driveability if I spent a good few hours cleaning them up before the next time he comes up. I do highly recommend that doug stops by once he's got all the major modifications in the car as it does make a difference. It'll give me a few hours one night to really clean up the spark tables and make everything look clean and pretty. Just not enough time over 3 hours on the dyno to get it all taken care of especially with how screwy it was before. The car sounds great and for as big of a cam as is in it, it idles remarkably well and has an interesting torque curve.
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Even the stock tuning is all over the place. So if it somehow reverted back to a stock table(s), I would go easy on whoever you wish to remain nameless.
 

·
DOG
Joined
·
626 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Even the stock tuning is all over the place. So if it somehow reverted back to a stock table(s), I would go easy on whoever you wish to remain nameless.
No, this wasn't stock and the car definitely didn't revert back to stock. It just had some REAL goofyness in the tune.
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Interesting. It wasn't Ed Wright now was it?

I had many a problem with his stuff.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top