LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the weather is getting cool and the air is crisp. We will be doing a dyno day on October 28th. Its a great oppotunity to meet up with friends and get your GTO up on the dyno. Our dyno is made by Dynojet, it is a 248x model. For dyno day events we brng out a 40" plasma screen so you can see the air/fuel, RPM, and MPH during the dyno run and the graph after the run.

I'd like to see if we can get 20 cars. If someone (Paul did this last time) doesn't mind putting together a list of people when post that they are going that would be great!

$65 for 2 pulls and a printed out graph. Just 2 pulls, no tuning or work on cars would be available.

October 28th
Starts bright and early at 8:30am and we hope to be done around noon.
Pizza and pop around 11:30

Official Sign up list
(Dyno runs are performed in the order of arrival on Oct 28th)
Ozzie Goat
aloner
rawmar
McCarron
unsigned
fenderplayer
(sorry shane, no beer)

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Great news, been wanting to get back and measure the LT's.

Thanks guys,

1. Ozzie
2. aloner
3. rawmar
4. McCarron
5. GMH GTO (must go last - will break dyno)
6. 04redGTO
*. barkingspud (cancel)
7. GeeTeeOh
8. unsigned
**. fenderplayer (cancel)
9. ShaneD 06GTO
10. KingKong401
**. Hurst CE TA (Distance award winner) (cancel)
11. Miltownsho
12. gtb75 (Z06)
13. blksheep70
14. ChiGTO
15. Robert Hammen (brings grill)
16. ChicagoGoat

·
Registered
354 Posts
I wish i had that service when i was there a month ago for $350.00! No one gave me the time of day when my car was tuned there. No base line, no this is your air/fuel,it was just see the cashier at the front! I was there for an whole hour from start to finish! Doesn't seem like there was any effert at all! To me that's piss poor service!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I want to sign up as well, and I would also like to know if I just show up and pay or do I sign up early?

-Dennis

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DBT said:
I wish i had that service when i was there a month ago for $350.00! No one gave me the time of day when my car was tuned there. No base line, no this is your air/fuel,it was just see the cashier at the front! I was there for an whole hour from start to finish! Doesn't seem like there was any effert at all! To me that's piss poor service!
The $65 does not include any tuning - which normally costs $450. We do not dyno the car before loading a base tune into it. We normally keep the back door open and you are more than welcome to watch from back there. Normally that is the first question that customers ask. During the dyno days we rope off an area of the shop for people to stand - that can not be done during normal business days when we are working on cars.

I really am sorry if you were not happy, most of your complaints just sound like a miscommunications. If there is any think I can do just let me know.

Email – [email protected]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ls1 Speed said:
The $65 does not include any tuning - which normally costs $450. We do not dyno the car before loading a base tune into it. We normally keep the back door open and you are more than welcome to watch from back there. Normally that is the first question that customers ask. During the dyno days we rope off an area of the shop for people to stand - that can not be done during normal business days when we are working on cars.

I really am sorry if you were not happy, most of your complaints just sound like a miscommunications. If there is any think I can do just let me know.

Email – [email protected]
I had the basic tune put in last year due to a miscommunication problem,that's why it cost $350.00. I guess i thought there sould of been more communication between the owner of the car and the tunner? I watched the whole hour and video recorded it! So i was very interested in what was going on! I got no ryme or reason to what i just witnessed?:confused:

·
Irish You'd Buy Me A Beer!
1,388 Posts
I'm game! Is this GTOs only or any RWD car? I may have a few friends interested.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DBT said:
I had the basic tune put in last year due to a miscommunication problem,that's why it cost $350.00. I guess i thought there sould of been more communication between the owner of the car and the tunner? I watched the whole hour and video recorded it! So i was very interested in what was going on! I got no ryme or reason to what i just witnessed?:confused:

I am sorry, the way I read your post it sounded like you were sitting up front the entire time. To give you an idea of how complex your computer is in your 04 GTO there are almost 500 tables and variables. We will be more than accomodating to answer any question in regards to the file that is loaded into your car. Infact I could take screen captures of tables or even supply you with the HP tuners file. Just let me know what questions you have ok?

Thanks! Have a good weekend (I wont be able to get any of the file data until monday)

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Put me down.

I wanna break your dyno.:gr_jest:

·
LS1/GTONAA License plate #20
490 Posts
This seems like a good starting point for those of us that are unmodded. Baseline dyno for $65? I'll be there.

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
i'm in..

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
I'm in, but only if I get a whole pizza to myself and there is beer there (I'll be 21 on Oct. 21st)

Hopefully my N2O will be installed by then.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
DBT said:
Generally most tuners don't tell you EVERYTHING they do. Especially since you're paying by the hour. It's not like they push a few buttons and you're all good. If you don't want to pay for an additional hour, ya better let them do what they need to do!

·
Got LS2?
329 Posts
How far from St.Louis are you located?

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Hurst_CE_TA said:
How far from St.Louis are you located?
It's about 5 hours

1 - 20 of 135 Posts