LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok here's the nitty gritty of it..

What: Dyno Day $35 for 3 pulls with AFR!!!!

When: Saturday 9/25 & Sun 9/26 @ 9:00am till whenever

Where: Dyno Works
346 South 'I' Street Unit 8
San Bernardino, CA 92410
Tel: 909-884-4084

Why: Help save Dyno Works

Ok now here's the story behind it!

(from www.socalsrt4.com)

Please help save DYNOWORKS.

As you know, Dynoworks has been aiding the SRT4 community since day one. Whether it's at Dynoworks, Union Dodge, or the drag strip, Dynoworks is always there for the SRT community in some way, shape, or form. Dave, owner of Dynoworks, is in trouble, and extends his reach for help through our community.

A long time ago, Dave's brother who owned the shop (before it turned into Dynoworks), made a deal with his friend on the dyno machine. He was to pay weekly payments with the option to pay the balance in full after a period of time. Well when Dave's brother resigned from the shop, he handed everything over to Dave. He specifically told Dave that he had now only one year left and then the option to purchase for $18,000. Now with only 3-4 months into the agreement, the owner of the dyno machine has been harassing Dave. He no longer wishes to stick to the intended plan. He wants his money now. Please understand and keep in mind there was no formal written contract, because at that time Dave's brother and the owner of the dyno machine were friends. When Dave took over, he had utmost confidence in his brother's business deal. For the past month, I've been speaking with Dave constantly about any new news, and what to do. He has been extremely stressed and over worked. Working two full-time jobs and trying to persevere as a small business owner isn't so easy. But working two jobs is a necessity when trying to cover overhead. As many of you know Dave works at Union Dodge full-time. He offers our community free dyno and install days, because he cares about us. I think he's proven his dedication to us and now is our time to help him. Unluckily, however, the man who owns the dyno has already threatened Dave that he would go there and rip it from the ground with his crew. Dave was at first hesitant to ask the SRT community, but honestly it has come down to this. I will be aiding Dave in keeping track of the donations and will update you all on the total amount.

Please, whatever you can donate would be much appreciated. Please help keep Dynoworks alive. It's been a second home for our SRT4s. It has been a place where we've bonded, created memories, and fixed/tuned our cars. Please let's keep Dynoworks alive.

MISSION: Save Dynoworks!

Please forward to your friends.

Paypal: [email protected]

Best regards,

Catherine & Roderick (x_srt4_x)

Ok you don't have to donate anything(you can if u want), just posting the exact story behind this.. But you can take advantage of a great fundrasing deal like this! $35 for 3 pulls with an AFR is unheard of!!

Please help us and Dave of Dyno Works out!

If you know of any other places to spread the word, feel free!

Thanks for any help guys!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I might just have to go down and do this.

To all the GTO owners - I had emailed with the owner briefly a few days ago about whether they have LS1 Edit capability and they DO so this might be a good place to save in the Southland. I think it'd be awesome if we could get a crew of Goats down there this weekend. I may not be able to as my car is going in the shop tomorrow and hopefully the rear end being not level isn't a major issue. But let's show some support!

This is their website

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt.

This is a really good deal guys, I don't know what LS1 Edit it, but if it helps to get more of you down there, it's good! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts