LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Procharged Beast
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys after I got all of my stuff in my sig installed this is what I dyno at.
RWHP-380 and RWTQ-344. Kind of bummed about it. I got an 04 4A, here is my dyno charts

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Those aren't bad numbers for a mild cam slushbox. Dont be bummed.
Although your torque curve looks....flattened.

can you post a bigger, clearer pic? Cant read it at all.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
how about one with readable numbers.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Take the original full-size image and crop out the empty space. How did it get that small in the first place?

·
Former GTO owner
619 Posts
I had almost the same numbers with Patriot heads 2.055/1.57 The AFR's would really improve your set up. Just remember the Dyno is just a tool used for tuning. Even though you may be disapointed with your peak numbers, keep in mind they don't mean anything. I thought the same way until I started smacking down guys with more hp than me.

·
1 of 40,757
6,484 Posts
both images are 443x575.

Nice increase! Thats all that matters.. I'm sure your track times will reflect actual numbers rather than dyno numbers.

·
Former GTO owner
619 Posts
something else to think about, When you had your car tuned, did they tune the VE table first? They should have. After that, they should have put the car on the dyno and tuned your wide open throttle. If they didn't, it can make a very big difference. It did with mine.

·
Oh it's Friday night
5,658 Posts
I think your numbers look good. How does it feel behind the wheel ? That is the only thing that counts.

·
Procharged Beast
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It feels great. It is really loud and it burns the tires like nothing. I guess I have to get some nittos or something.

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
Dyno numbers mean what?? What did it run at the strip??? That'
s what you REALLY want to know!! A4's are not dyno queens, but with your 3200 stall and your mod's this thing should be a beast at the strip if you can hook it up.

I have alway's loved listening to guys tell me and SHOW me their amazing dyno numbers just to get their ass kicked at the dragstrip against my Cobra with so-called much less RWHP. The Point: Don't get ate up with dyno numbers, the time slip is a MUCH better indicator of horsepower than a dyno.

·
It's the acceleration!
12 Posts
I can't tell you how many times I've heard guys spewing big horsepower numbers (500, 625, 750!) at car shows or cruise-ins with absolutely nothing to back it up! No time slips, no dyno sheet, nothing. They add chrome underdrive pulleys and now it's 475 HP! Or a cat back system and it's 600 HP! It's all bull. I have complete respect for someone like you who has real numbers and encourage you to be proud of what you have, not disapointed. Your 377HP is real and squashes the 280rwhp of my '67 GTO (which is my real number by the way). I haven't had our '05 on the dyno yet but it will get there and then I can talk about its number.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Dyno numbers are good to let you know where about your cars HP is at. You can have some big HP numbers on the dyno, but it's at the track where those numbers will count. I yielded 9000HP and 8500LBT on a dyno, but I lost the sheet to show everyone, lol, lol, lol............

ROK

·
The Psycho 10 sec. Goat
1,968 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with those numbers. Take a look at my sig. That's a traction-limited 12.19. You'll be in the mid to low 12's at the track.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Those numbers are in line with that cam. I'm putting 365 without the heads and the same cam.

·
Procharged Beast
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the response's guys. I guess with so many peopel here being over 400 HP, thats what I was hoping for, but more mods are to come. Hopefully a supercharger. Anyway I am going going to the track hopefully tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts