LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my VE STFT setup fine for my SD tune, tried the dyno and only did two half ass runs. First was in 3rd gear, they had some tach issues and my AFR was all over the place. Second was in 4th gear, but I had to bail around 5,400rpm cause my AFR went up up up to 15+ :barf: peaked at 392rwhp at 5,000rpm with AFR in the 15 to 15.3:1 range. :bomb:

Looks like I'll be installing that wideband in my car before I go back to MAC. Here's the funny thing, ran 24* advance and had ZERO knock retard - and I know the sensors are working.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
so you SD tuned without a wide band..? bad scott.. I have noticed my LTFTs are really consistante(sp) with my wideband readings at all. I am goign to be trying my SD tune after the wedding I have my wideband all hooked up thru my A/C pressure sensor and it works great..

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bradz24 said:
so you SD tuned without a wide band..? bad scott..
I only tuned to 3600rpm on VE, but figured out what I needed to do to get out of PE and have a tune ready to test to 7,200rpm in a few. BTW my idle and VE at low rpms showed 14.6 to 14.8 on the dyno wideband at the tail.

·
"How big could it be?"
480 Posts
15:1 AFR? Scary!

Is there any chance you accidentally left your PE disabled?

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
grfperformance said:
I'm confused. Are you doing an SD tune or what? Why disable PE?

392 @ 5k rpm says there's a lot more in there.
Nope, PE was enabled just fine. The issue was my tune for above 3600rpm was way off cause I didn't modify the VE table at those values. So I just took it out with my new tune and ran it, PE disabled, up to 6,800rpm and I'm showing STFT in the -4 to 0 ranges all the way up on a quick burst (Zero knock retard, 23* advance). I turned PE back on and gave it a nice 1 through 3rd run (Up to 85mph, so third had a lot left in it). Feels nice, just need to check it out on the WB.

Looks like my STFT were +25 with PE disabled above 4000rpm. I'm running a 1.130 correction right now for PE (14.7/1.130=13.0), so it should be balkpark now since my STFT in VE at those RPM is in the -4 to 0 range.

I'm running SD closed loop with LTFT disabled (284* to turn on) just running STFT for tuning with the NBs.

Ah much better. My 36# injectors are showing 67% duty cycle at 6400rpm PE :) So at sea level I should be in the 80%. Brad, what duty cycle increase did you see?

Logs show my O2 voltage mV are 860 to 890 in PE from 4,000 to 6,400rpm - earlier dyno runs show 12.8 to 12.9:1 AFR high 800s with these NBs (Dec 2005). I've only put a few hundred miles on the car since, so think I'm much closer now.

·
7,835 Posts
holy crap do i need to figure out what this shit means.

·
Administrator
20,433 Posts
you need a wideband. why didn't you just enrichen the PE tables and keep running?

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steel Chicken said:
you need a wideband. why didn't you just enrichen the PE tables and keep running?
Didn't have time, only reserved the half hour for the three runs. Several people showed up waiting for a Caddy to run and I preferred to take my time. I needed to correct the VE table before I played with the PE multiplier, otherwise it would be a waste. Was a good learning experience, went to get some baseline info on my STFT accuracy when running VE and what the tune looked like running PE. :)

·
Administrator
20,433 Posts
Yeah. Ive been running SD for a while, and was trying to get the MAF calibrated for the new setup, and it was ok most of the time, but it just kept wigging out. Figured id try a bigger MAF. SD is ok, but I prefer the throttle snapiness of a MAF tune. Just to make sure I understand, the LS6 MAF has the same external fitting diameter as the stock LS1 one, correct? Works with the same intake tubing?

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steel Chicken said:
Just to make sure I understand, the LS6 MAF has the same external fitting diameter as the stock LS1 one, correct? Works with the same intake tubing?
That I'm not sure on, but will check.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,440 Posts
GTO_Scott said:
Yeah, you also have boast thrown into the mix.
Most of the time, he keeps his ego in check, but yeah - there's some boasting going on, too. :p

·
Administrator
20,433 Posts
Well I thought about going to a 2bar MAP SD tune, but HPTuners wants a bunch of money to do that, plus I think you need a new MAP sensor. And, like I said, I like MAF tunes, when they are done right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts