LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
rice kills
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say that, in general, I would prefer a dyno tune. Assuming you use a reputable tuner, a dyno tune will typically provide more HP and is really great \ necessary for highly modded cars (cams \ heads \ LTs \ etc).

That said, here is why I am considering the SLP DiabloSport II for '06:

• I want to be able to return to a stock tune for warranty reasons.
  • I do not plan on extensive mods. JBA headers w/ catted mids, maybe a CAI.
  • I want torque management and CAGs off!!!

So... does this seem like right route considering my objectives? Is there anyone that thinks I should still go the dyno tune route?

Also... I've seen the Maryland Speed post about the SLP DiabloSport IIs for 2005-06 GTOs. Why is this not on the SLP site? :confused: Seems weird that SLP only lists the DiabloSport II for 2004 GTOs. Just a little weird \ concerning.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
For mild mods the predator is fine.

·
rice kills
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NYTIGER said:
For mild mods the predator is fine.
Thanks. So... you trapped at 109 with only a CAI and a predator tune?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
GVGoat said:
Thanks. So... you trapped at 109 with only a CAI and a predator tune?
No tune. Stock on stock tires.

With the tune I can't get off the line at all now. The DR's will change that.

In the heat 90's + this summer, I was running 13.2 with 2.1 60 foots.

Last year in that kind of heat the best I could do was 13.4 with a 2.1, 60 foot.

By the fall I learned to drive the beast and the cooler weather (60's) helped too so I dropped my 60 foots to 1.9 or 2.0's and ran a bunch 13.0's and 12.9's.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
I believe the biggest advantage to getting a dyno tune is that the IAT table can be trimmed back to take aways some of our lovely heatsoak issues.

·
rice kills
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ViciousImpulse said:
I believe the biggest advantage to getting a dyno tune is that the IAT table can be trimmed back to take aways some of our lovely heatsoak issues.

Ahh yes.. The infamous heat soak issue. Hmmm... Is it possible to get a dyno tune loaded onto the DiabloSport II? Is that just crazy talk? :drink:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why not get HP tuner, it's 510 shipped, you can do prety much anything with it, AND you can dowload tunes from other guys that post them to try them out for your car, or use them as a base, or just compare yours to theres to fine tune yours etc etc..

·
Registered
926 Posts
BlownChevy you have a PM, I read on anthor site about GM revision R99 do I need to go to the dealer to have this done before the tune will work or is it in the newest Predator?

Thanks,
Don..

·
Registered
73 Posts
dyno tune predator

gv goat,yes u can have a dyno tune programmed into the predator,i had it done,worked fine,im actually selling mine pm me if interested.thanx

·
rice kills
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlownChevy said:
GV, let me know when you are ready for the Predator. I have them in stock and ready to ship.
you have a PM

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
#1judge said:
gv goat,yes u can have a dyno tune programmed into the predator,i had it done,worked fine,im actually selling mine pm me if interested.thanx

What mods did you have on your car when you had the tune done?
Good gains?:gears:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
BlownChevy said:
GV, let me know when you are ready for the Predator. I have them in stock and ready to ship.

Does this product do a good job of removing or reducing torque management on a A4 ? I've heard conflicting information.

Anyone that owns this product could shed some light on this subject for me,
especially the A4 guys

Thanks

·
SLO GOAT
131 Posts
Does anybody know if there is someone who can tune the GTO based on mods added and then email it to you? Ive had my GTO dyno'd and loaded the Diablo sport perfomance tune. Did some minor tweeking w/ timing and fuel. But im looking fo something alittle more dialed in to my needs. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
663 Posts
pauls_ls2 said:
Does anybody know if there is someone who can tune the GTO based on mods added and then email it to you? Ive had my GTO dyno'd and loaded the Diablo sport perfomance tune. Did some minor tweeking w/ timing and fuel. But im looking fo something alittle more dialed in to my needs. Any input would be great.
Runnin With the Devil (RWTD), sponsor on the left. But proceed with caution. Lots of people complain about them not getting to things very quickly. If you use them, use the phone for contact with them. They don't respond to emails very well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts