LS1GTO Forums banner

Dyno tuned LS2 A4

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  gto57 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got my car retuned at Complete Street Performance.

Major mods include:
Pacesetter longtubes
Xair intake
Thunder Racing 232/237 .590/591 12LSA cam
Fast 102
Yank PT4000
25% UDP

She feel great. We had a small issue we found after taking the car off the dyno causing the converter to slip an extra 500RPM's or so. Once we fixed that it tightened her up a good bit and likely picked up 5-10whp. Right now traction is little to nothing until 3rd in this cold weather and a 275 BFG street tire. Gonna put a MT back under her sooner than later and then look at some PRC 2.5 heads.(maybe redo the cam too)

It's nothing special but you don't often see guys posting their unlocked converter dyno's, so I figured I would share it just as a reference point. Converter slip at redline is close to 850 RPM's

Keep in mind these are numbers with an unlocked high stall, high slip converter. Lock the converter and it likely would have put down around 435-445whp.
My old setup dyno'd 381 unlocked with a smaller converter and no FAST or UDP and a K&N intake.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good numbers, the shop didn't print me a new dyno sheet after re-tune when they did the 3200 stall and I installed a 1 piece DSS carbon fiber drive shaft, would be interesting to see what my numbers are now.

Here was my dyno sheet after I did LS6 heads, cam, Fast 102LSXR, TB and MAF. This was before 3200 stall and CF drive shaft.

Livernois CNC Stage III LS6 heads, Stage I Cam
Cam specs, Duration 224@.050, Lift .568", LSA 114
Rocker bases/pushrods, etc
Fast 102mm Intake & fuel rails
LPE 100MM MAF
105MM Accufab throttle body.

437whp 371wtq

#5 ·
Made some small changes to the car, 102mm Tb and a LS3 intake.

Took it to a friends shop to clean up the tune and re-dyno. I had them pull 1 degree of timing out and slightly richen it up as I was not very comfortable with the prior tune. Fattened it up to 12.6

The dyno the car was put on is known to read lower than other dynojet 224s. ( I know everyone says that).

Car made 385whp. We decided to lock the converter and it went up to 423whp. She's a pretty hungry converter. SOTP says it picked up a bit of power and throttle response is MUCH better. We didn't even think about doing a base pull prior to swapping parts and starting on the new tune until after we were done, oh well.

Had other parts of the tune cleaned up as well and it runs much better and have much better street manners.

Feels pretty quick for a 385whp car lol. I bet on CSP's dyno with same conditions It would have made 410ish unlocked.

#7 ·
Andrew (shop owner of CSP) has become addicted to youtube.

I was pissed because they didn't get a vid of my GTO being dyno'd!

I had the car retuned by someone else and drivability was much better with no stalling or hard starts FWIW.
Will be retuning again in a month or 2 once I get my flex fuel system all set up.

Great numbers! Quality for price, nobody comes close to CSP.

#10 · (Edited)
[
Did you have to do any fender work for the 275s? If not, any rubs? Thanks
Currently not rolled. Street driving I am ok but I know at the track if it can hook and squat itll rub. I did rub with stock worn suspension and only bags.
Once I roll fenders I should be golden and have no worries of rubbing.
Rear suspension is pedders 5/16 drag springs, konis, and drag bags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.