LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 yellow jacket M6, stock bottom end, 823 heads, BTR stage 3 PDS cam, D1-SC, McLeod RXT1200
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so today we started tuning on my 2005 gto M6. I am working with a tuner that is well know and has tuned 100’s if not 1000’s of GTO’s and many other things. we ran into a strange issue right off the bat with setting up the 2 bar/speed density operating system.

So long story short I bought a 2005 gto roller put myLS2 and T56 in it added a procharger and bunch of other stuff. I don’t know any of the previous tuning info on the car, I just know at 1 time it also had a procharger. So when my tuner Had me send him the first file he went to set it up for 2 bar map and SD operating system on HP TUNERS and the little box for it isn’t there and we checked and the ecm is not already running that OS. He has been able to find a way thathe can scale everything and work around it and calculate for the map and what not but I wanted to ask on here if anyone has seen anything like this before?? If so do you know if a way to like reboot or like restore the computer so we can have the option to run/upgrade to that operating system? Thank you in advance to anyone that can help or chime in!

if I am in the wrong section feel free to move!

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
He should contact hptuners support.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
There was a TSB for an updated OS on the 05 and 06 to cure the touchy accelerator pedal position codes. My 06 has the original OS and has been tuned for cam, headers, LSA and E-85. I just fired up HPTuners and I still have the box to check to convert to 2bar OS.
My OS is 12603159
According to the box on HPT, the 2bar for the E40 is 1250156

1 - 5 of 5 Posts