LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be damned. The E46 & the GTO are dead even. I mean Flat even from 60mph to 146mph. This wasn't just one run or even a few. This was 8gallons and over an hours worth of running each other.

I was coming back from Zurich today when I bumped up against an M3. Traffic was heavy so we had to take our bursts of acceleration when we had them but we ran from 60mph up to 146mph (Highest noted) more than 20 times. Maybe even as high as 30 times.

Each time the result was the same. He could not pull on me and I could not pull on him. One time I noted he pulled at little @ 140mph but then @ 143 mph I began to pull a little.

We even changed leads to see if that would change the results...no way. The cars are dead even.

Looks like it's time for a tune / intake / exhaust.

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
nice...

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blitzu said:
I have it on video racing my friend in his 2004 M6 M3, I beat him by a nose each time from a stop or roll.. Bad news is he has the videos and wont give them up.
Nice job though.
You have an M6.

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blitzu said:
Yeah I also have a M6, and at the time I had the clutch problem with undertorqued clutch bolts so the clutch basically did not exsist unless I had it to the floor... so no powershifting then. Still edged him out by a foot.... I might have had more if I could have powershifted.
This settles it. The GTO can be a lot faster than an E46 with little to no money. This makes me happy.

A Tune / An Intake & An Exhaust will blow an M3 out of the water. Never mind LS6 Heads and Cam package.

Bam. Now I'm excited.

·
Registered
593 Posts
And to think that you can do this legally. Have you considered disabling the top speed limiter?

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
JRM346 said:
And to think that you can do this legally.

Doesn't just tear you up.

I know it does me.

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
SyGoat said:
You have an M6.
just so we're all clear we're talking 6mt as in manual transmission...not an up coming BMW ///M6

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good kill, with bolt ons and tune I easily walk past M3s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts