LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a set of ebay h11 in the low beams and they suck.there really blue and cant really see with them.is there a certain brand bulb to go with besides the hoens.websites that sell a better bulb than the 2.00 bulbs.thanks

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Google "Daniel Stern Lighting" (don't want to post a link since they are not an advertiser here). Stay away from the el cheapo eBay bulbs...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RobertHammen said:
Google "Daniel Stern Lighting" (don't want to post a link since they are not an advertiser here). Stay away from the el cheapo eBay bulbs...
thanks

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
You can also do an H9 swap with your existing high beam bulbs, just have to break the tabs in the connectors so they plug in. Using OEM bulbs you'll go from 55W/1350 lumen low beams to 65W/2100 lumen, it's safe for the wiring and no blue color.
To have H9's all around you'd just need to buy a second set, and it's also a good idea to get some spares as the rated life on the H9's is much less than the H11s (an acceptable tradeoff IMO).
I did this conversion a while back and the low beam lighting is much better.
For good quality H9 bulbs you can go to Daniel Stern's site as referenced above, or Susquehanna Motorsports. Unfortunately most parts stores do not carry them since very few cars currently use H9 bulbs.

·
not fast enough
474 Posts
i dont have "ebay" bulbs but they might as well be, there Nokia brand or somthing like that, i got them from a local shop around here and the light output is terible also, they do have a nice color to them but dont compare to stockers, i will have to try out the above company also!

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
One of the EBay bulbs I used burned out in 2 days.....I tried a set in when one of my Hoens went bad....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts