LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna ask one of those questions that I know most of you are gonna say, "So Don't Do That!". That being said, I was driving down a dusty road and started to hear some noise coming from the left rear wheel. I tapped the brakes a couple of times and small scratchy noise was still there, I pulled up on the eBrake and *Clack Clack* loud noise from the rear wheels as the eBrakes engaged, I instantly thought WTF! I have been in tons of cars and ripped up on the eBrakes to do slides and stops and skids... none make this noise... you hear a *Clack* from both sides... I know this is the shoes inside the rotor grabbing but the noise indicates slack in the system with a stop. this is how an impact hammer works, This brake system would not last 2 seconds in a drift coarse without mods to this setup... what is happening and is it normal? To make your car do it just roll about 5mph and GENTLY pull up on the eBrake, Trust me you will know what I am talking about.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Maybe it depends... my drivers rear makes a swishing noise almost constantly, very annoying. I've had it to the dealer 3 times so far without resolution. In fact now my ebrake doesn't work as new, because one of their attempts to fix involved filing down the ebrake.

·
Registered
276 Posts
mine does the same, and also gets hung up, i can hear is rubbing while i am driving. i took the advise of someone on the forum, and just got used to pulling the e-brake while backing up slowly, and for whatever reason, that must move all the parts around and it stops rubbing when i continue on to move forward

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
My E-Brake makes no noise at all. I don't know about the "It's either on or off" method. I have had the brake not totally engadged and my car started to roll back. It needed to be pulled all the way to fully clamp the rear brakes about 3 or 4 more clicks in the handle. I'm not sure if it engadged while partially pulled up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts