LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '05 has been at the dealership for 2 months now with a bad ECM. They can't seem to find one through their normal channels. Any suggestions on where to get one? Part number 19210071. Thanks!

·
Administrator
8,291 Posts
It’ll be sitting there for eternity if they keep trying to find a new one as they have been discontinued for over a year now.

You’re going to need to find one out of a wrecked 05 that someone is parting out.

·
Administrator
8,291 Posts
Also, and this is ONLY for an 05 GTO, but the following 3 part numbers will work as they changed a few times during production runs:

·
It's only cosmetic...
462 Posts
Call Schram's. They have a big collection of GM parts and are not too far from you.

Edit: fixed 'to' to 'too'

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Genuinely curious question, how did they determine it was the ECU and not something else? I'm going thru a similar problem and its gotten narrowed down to either the ECU, or a wonky battery. I had an intermittent CEL that would sometimes put the car into safety mode. I was basically fed up with the car and was on the cusp of just junking the thing. Replaced the TPS, throttle body and the pigtail to the TB and it doesn't go into safety mode anymore. But, it does still throw a plethora of codes intermittently that included P060E for the ECU (along with a couple for the TPS, lean codes, etc). The car drives perfectly fine, and there isn't any difference between when the light is on or off.

I've heard issues with sending out your ECU to be refurbished (ie: doesn't fix the problem). How does GM not manufacture these or have a stockpile of them? I'd imagine they'd be similar to the ones on the C6's with LS2, no? Last time I buy a limited production, rebadged overseas car. Heck, probably last GM product I'll ever park in my driveway. Love and hate the damn car so much.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Genuinely curious question, how did they determine it was the ECU and not something else? I'm going thru a similar problem and its gotten narrowed down to either the ECU, or a wonky battery. I had an intermittent CEL that would sometimes put the car into safety mode. I was basically fed up with the car and was on the cusp of just junking the thing. Replaced the TPS, throttle body and the pigtail to the TB and it doesn't go into safety mode anymore. But, it does still throw a plethora of codes intermittently that included P060E for the ECU (along with a couple for the TPS, lean codes, etc). The car drives perfectly fine, and there isn't any difference between when the light is on or off.

I've heard issues with sending out your ECU to be refurbished (ie: doesn't fix the problem). How does GM not manufacture these or have a stockpile of them? I'd imagine they'd be similar to the ones on the C6's with LS2, no? Last time I buy a limited production, rebadged overseas car. Heck, probably last GM product I'll ever park in my driveway. Love and hate the damn car so much.
C6 had the LS2 with the 58x reluctor wheel which had a different ECU unfortunately. As much as I love my GTO it is pretty sad how hard it is to find parts for it. I have an '82 El Camino too and the parts are way easier to find for that thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts