LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully Travis s already working on #4 for next year. HPS will do all we can do to help promote this event for next year and hopefully get a larger turnout and get this event to grow.

Chris

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
we diffently thank you for your suport!! We added other irs cars to get the count up,im glad we did it helped hopefully with a lil gm hi tec coverage and some great ideas from everyone iv can be a much bigger turn out

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Thanks Chris. I am up for ideas but definitely would love for the event to grow. IV will be better than ever!

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
tow rig race lol

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
and id like to see index racing , .5 sec index?

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
I'll be there, if the belt on my mother****in Maggie isn't slipping again! Got a few things in the mail today to tighten that bitch real good. If that don't work, I'm selling it and going Procharger...

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
and id like to see index racing , .5 sec index?
What????? That's not real racing :gtfo:

Next thing you'll want SRA rears and '67 GTOs to participate :wall:

:gr_devil:

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
I think when the economy gets better it will grown naturally.
The track seems to be prepped well and several people are putting down PBs,
so it should get better by itself.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
What????? That's not real racing :gtfo:

Next thing you'll want SRA rears and '67 GTOs to participate :wall:

:gr_devil:
I saw Frank on Pass Time the other night. He went 8.78 but I still have him on MPH. :)

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
I saw Frank on Pass Time the other night. He went 8.78 but I still have him on MPH. :)
Procharger FTW! Lmao.

Now get to planning the next shootout... :) Let me know if you need some help with something.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
LOL......come on now, you know it's all about who gets to the stripe first :stickpoke

Just bustin' ya Travis and you know it. Had a great time last weekend and I'll be there for the next one......this time with a GTO....................................................unless you won't allow SRMs......LOL

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
LOL......come on now, you know it's all about who gets to the stripe first :stickpoke

Just bustin' ya Travis and you know it. Had a great time last weekend and I'll be there for the next one......this time with a GTO....................................................unless you won't allow SRMs......LOL
Next year will be QSMs from Clyde NC only. :gr_jest:

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
How about the quick 8 be an 1/8th mile deal to tighten the competition.. No reason to have 2-3 cars be able to cover the field by .7 - 1.0

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
How about the quick 8 be an 1/8th mile deal to tighten the competition.. No reason to have 2-3 cars be able to cover the field by .7 - 1.0
That's not a bad idea, actually. I wouldn't be able to watch you leave if we do 1/8th mile. :stickpoke Seriously though, that would be something to consider. I know everyone wants to run 1/4 and likes to see the high MPH 1/4 miles passes but 1/8th mile would definitely equalize the field E.T. wise.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
BTW your shirt will go out tomorrow. I have to order some more but yours is going in the mail.

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
That's not a bad idea, actually. I wouldn't be able to watch you leave if we do 1/8th mile. :stickpoke Seriously though, that would be something to consider. I know everyone wants to run 1/4 and likes to see the high MPH 1/4 miles passes but 1/8th mile would definitely equalize the field E.T. wise.
I just see the difference between 5.8x and 6.2x being more of a drivers race then would 9.0 and 10.0. And 95% of the people stand either behind the line or in the first 330ft. of the track anyway.. I have seen may a race where the faster car is behind at the 1/8th but ends up winning in a 1/4 mile race.
I.E. magnum GTO vs. plumcrazy1 at your event a few weeks ago.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
I just see the difference between 5.8x and 6.2x being more of a drivers race then would 9.0 and 10.0. And 95% of the people stand either behind the line or in the first 330ft. of the track anyway.. I have seen may a race where the faster car is behind at the 1/8th but ends up winning in a 1/4 mile race.
I.E. magnum GTO vs. plumcrazy1 at your event a few weeks ago.
I see what you are saying and unbelievably agree with you again. :gr_jest: That's twice this year and I believe a new record. I will consider your request only if you show up next year. :thumbs: Just bustin your chops. I know you had more serious business to deal with this year.

·
Banned
4,898 Posts
I am already getting excited for ECS IV!!! Hopefully this next go-around I won't have to drive almost 900mi to race... should be more like 320mi which would be AMAZING! I still can't get over how well the event was put together and being able to hear the dragger squealing all the way down the track (track prep was outstanding)!

·
165 MPH CLUB!
2,398 Posts
I can show up if its the same time in 2011 my deployment will be over next year by April and i know a few more guys that could bring there cars that are deployed around where i am at and Bragg.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts