LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTO Cyclone Gray Metallic, 6.0, Magnuson 112, ported 243's, JBA shorty header
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to get a new ECU and TCM? Also what is all involved in installing one is it plug and play or do I have to take it to the dealer to get it setup?

·
Registered
930 Posts
You can buy them online and have it programmed with your vin number that makes the process easier.

·
Registered
930 Posts
unblock him and you could tell him.
LOL...he wants good info which I have for him, but his ego will not allow him to listen to people with more experience that actually want to help him.

Reactions: kurazy kracka

·
Registered
930 Posts
Interesting...

Guy comes to forum to ask for help and blocks all the people that can help him so he can't see their advice...LOL...and if he would have listened to us in the first place instead of choosing to do the opposite of what was recommended he wouldn't have sent his ECU to the wrong guy who now will not reply to him or send it back...LOL

·
Worthless reject member
83,692 Posts
maybe you should respect the fact he doesn't want to communicate.

on the other hand, if you set boundaries, you should stick by them. no sense in replying to someone you've ignored.

·
Administrator
11,666 Posts
Block them because you don’t want to see their comments, but now that YOU need help, you want us to try and get their comments to you? Pffft.

·
Registered
2006 GTO Cyclone Gray Metallic, 6.0, Magnuson 112, ported 243's, JBA shorty header
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Block them because you don’t want to see their comments, but now that YOU need help, you want us to try and get their comments to you? Pffft.
No I don't want their help that's why I blocked them, and I didn't ask anyone to tell me what they said either I just don't know why they keep trying to comment and thought maybe they didn't know I still have them blocked why else would they comment if they didn't know they where still blocked?

·
Administrator
11,666 Posts
When you block someone you just block yourself from seeing their comments. They don’t know they are blocked at all.

That’s why it seemed like you wanted to see their comments.

Reactions: Ronin Concealment

·
Registered
930 Posts
maybe you should respect the fact he doesn't want to communicate.

on the other hand, if you set boundaries, you should stick by them. no sense in replying to someone you've ignored.
LOL...he doesn't want to communicate yet posts on a public forum and the same questions on facebook. He has the same issue with people over there as well immediately after joining the group. For the record it's not me I just sat back and watched him have the same issues with knowledgeable folks every where he goes. Constantly asking for help and ignores/blocks the people that try to help him because it isn't the answer he wants to hear even if it's the correct answer. I literally told him not to send his ECU off and for some reason he chose to do the opposite and got burned. Now I have the answer for this question and he doesn't want to listen that's ok. I literally bought my ECU online programmed with my vin and it was plug and play. I have a reliable source.

·
Registered
930 Posts
This is the post that got me blocked...LOL...the question was along the lines of how much boost will my blower pulley combo make and I explained the engine combo and restrictions will play a role in the boost number which upset him so I replied with this...

This post proves you misunderstood me and don't understand the difference between volume and pressure. You only need to be concerned with the volume of air the blower is producing. Boost will depend upon how efficient the engine combo is. The volume of air will determine the power potential of the blower with the pulley combo you mentioned. It doesn't matter if you are making 10 psi or 20 psi the amount of torque and horse power you make is all that matters. Only in extremes does psi really matter much. You will not see those extremes with your blower though. Torque at low rpm is harder on things then horse power at high rpm. That is why you see the turbo stock bottom end guys reducing timing down low to keep from bending stock rods. Traction and power is what hurts driveline components or in our case wheel hop is a major contributor to broken parts at almost any power level.

LOL...

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
If you are looking for an E40 for a 2005-2006 good luck. Those babies go for close to $1k these days. Also you need to make sure you get the same part number and service number as you had before, because they are not interchangeable and flashing the wrong OS can brick them.

There's a guy that adapted an E38 to his GTO, and I think he will adapt your harness to work with it for a fee, but now you need to worry about getting your VIN programmed into the ECM, and I'm not sure if he sot the security to work, or if that was just bypassed. There are plenty of these available second hand, so this may be an avenue I will consider for my 05 when the day comes that the E40 takes a dump on me and can't be repaired.

·
Administrator
11,666 Posts
@Phoenix is there a way to get the part number and service number without having the original one in front of me?
Yes and no. It’s the same for each respective model year, so if you don’t have yours, then you need to search for 2006 numbers and hope you can find the correct ones.

Reactions: Ronin Concealment
1 - 20 of 25 Posts