LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
This will also be my first high performance car. Could anyone elaborate on the Three Channel Traction Control, and how it works to the cars advantage. And when to use it.
Thank You.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I seem to remember Edmunds was taking the UltimateGTO line on this car a few months ago.

Looks like they have jumped off that bandwagon :sneaky:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
mbiggles said:
This will also be my first high performance car. Could anyone elaborate on the Three Channel Traction Control, and how it works to the cars advantage. And when to use it.
Thank You.
Three channel traction control means it uses a combination of throttle, spark and fuel control to control traction. Basically it robs power to keep the wheels from spinning. Once you get driving down - you will want to use it when you are saving your tires and turn if off when racing.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
Three channel traction control means it uses a combination of throttle, spark and fuel control to control traction. Basically it robs power to keep the wheels from spinning. Once you get driving down - you will want to use it when you are saving your tires and turn if off when racing.
The only time I use TC is in snow or really slippery roads. It has to become a ritual:
1. Get in the car
2. Start the car
3. Put on your seatbelt
4. Turn off TC.
5. Drive

·
Registered
102 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
Three channel traction control means it uses a combination of throttle, spark and fuel control to control traction.
What is the difference between throttle and fuel control? I'm not sure about GTO's but it could be that brakes are also used.

Shawn

·
Registered
524 Posts
There has been no mention of active traction control through the ABS ala Mercedes/BMW. Only of pulling power when they sense wheel slip (spark, throttle, fuel management)

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
OH, you guys haven't experienced our fine 3 channel traction control systems. :D

It's a stupid feeling sitting in the car in the bleach box, trying to do your burnout with the gas pedal being forced back at your foot all because you forgot to turn it off when you started it back up while millions of fans in the stands are ridiculing you. :D

Not that this has happened to me or anything.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
OH, you guys haven't experienced our fine 3 channel traction control systems. :D

It's a stupid feeling sitting in the car in the bleach box, trying to do your burnout with the gas pedal being forced back at your foot all because you forgot to turn it off when you started it back up while millions of fans in the stands are ridiculing you. :D

Not that this has happened to me or anything.
I think we've all had a similar experience. Mine was at a stoplight with a ricer next to me. I was going to show him some smoke before blowing by him a few yards out. Ooops! Forgot to shut the TC off. Man, did I feel stupid.:slap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts