LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
6POINT0
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved to the springs and I cant find any EFI live tuners. Everyone wants to start all the way over with HP tuners.
All I need is a few small changes vs starting from scratch vs paying for a full ride again.

Any one know a shop on the front range that has EFI live tuning capabilities or a good street tuner?

·
1 of 40,757
6,226 Posts
Unless something is locked there is no reason why a tune originally created by EFILive can't be adjusted using HPT.

·
6POINT0
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its because of the 2 bar map / custom os?

·
6POINT0
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and no the tune is not locked.

·
6POINT0
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I talked to them said they would only do hp tuners. Under pressure is the same too.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
Custom operating systems are not recognized by different tuning software. This applies to HPT and EFI Live alike. Tunes applied to stock operating system, no problem. I would consider purchasing EFI Live, as it is superior to HPT, and increasingly so as time progresses. The cost is not that much more than a good tune, and the knowledge gained is priceless. Tweaking an SD tune with a wideband O2 is not very difficult, and no tuner will spend the time to do the road tuning that really gets the VE table perfect.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Custom operating systems are not recognized by different tuning software. This applies to HPT and EFI Live alike. Tunes applied to stock operating system, no problem. I would consider purchasing EFI Live, as it is superior to HPT, and increasingly so as time progresses. The cost is not that much more than a good tune, and the knowledge gained is priceless. Tweaking an SD tune with a wideband O2 is not very difficult, and no tuner will spend the time to do the road tuning that really gets the VE table perfect.
I'd like your reasoning on why it's superior. I've personally only used HPT, but I value knowledge.

I also take offense to your last comment. Perfect can have varying definitions.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
The interface module is light years ahead of HPT. Has analog, switched, RS-232, and thermocouple inputs. Analog inputs can be calibrated. RS-232 accepts digital output from widebands so equipped, eliminating D/A conversion errors. Firmware based with regular updates. Scans and flashes tunes with no PC required. Works as stand alone code scanner. Software and firmware updates are free. Custom operating systems are free.

Why does the idea of getting your VE table perfect offend you? The only way you can really get VE table dialed in is with extensive on road scanning subsequent tuning. You don't want to have to pay someone to do that. OK...."near-perfect?" Sheesh.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I'm in SD (used to live in the springs years ago) and ran into the same thing up here.

What I did: Found "the guy". Brent Malone, owner of MalCal in Indiana. Brent spent 18 years with Lingenfelter and the head of the engine calibration dept.

Great guy. Awesome guy actually. He's helped a bunch with my setup. Remote tune capable and he'll put the time in it to get you set straight.

Easiest way to find him is via FB.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
20,254 Posts
Tweaking an SD tune with a wideband O2 is not very difficult, and no tuner will spend the time to do the road tuning that really gets the VE table perfect.
Some of us do :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any one know a shop on the front range that has EFI live tuning capabilities or a good street tuner?
It's a long way for you, but Lundstedt Automotive in Fort Collins is a great shop. If you decide to venture that far north, ask for Jordan.

http://lundstedtautomotive.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts