LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the reverse engineering know how or ability to convert a Efi live file to bin? i know its their proprietary format but people have figured it out before so its possible. I dont know where to start

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you just trying to segment swap between the two programs?
Still not fully learned about segment swapping, (i came from subaru tuning) im looking to tune a few tables in my tune but no program such as tunerpro can properly read my OS type since my car is unique 04 gto. Efi live and hp tuners reads and edits it fine but to flash it back with pcm hammer it needs to be bin format. I can read i can write in bin but i cant edit. Just changed some idle tables, rev limiter tables, and lean cruise tables

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hptuners can do all of that
Correct but it can not save as a bin file. Full honesty im trying to avoid buying Hptuners/efilive hardware because i think they are greedy monopoly over LS Tuning and after decades there is still no open source way to tune an LS. i can open the Bin i read with pcmhammer but i cant write it with their ctz format

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another option is to change to a OS that is supported by tuner pro, such as 12587603, however ive realised that it is not possible to change every table from my gto tune to the new OS tune. Unless my gto can run on a 04 vette tune with 0 change lol

·
Super Moderator
18,159 Posts
So you think HP tuners should give their shit away? For free?

Do you go to work and expect to not get paid for it?

Don't be a cheap ass.

This reminds me of guys that will spend 10g on a motor and then put 200 dollar fuel injectors in it because there's no glory in a fuel injector. (yes I've been there)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So you think HP tuners should give their shit away? For free?
All hptuners did is hack the Pcm themselves which is from GM. They just decided to profit hand over fist for the past 20 years by reverse engineering the pcm themselves.

There are people out there trying to make it open source with patreon pages which i gladly support. in 2007 i would understand HPtuners but the ls has been out for decades since its launch. Subaru and evos are lucky that even just a few years after the cars release to the US, really generous people at ecuflash,tactrix,romraider made it opensource which is why there is so much development on those platforms and the stock ECU can crazy stuff.

I just think it would be beneficial to the LS tuning community as a whole if it was opensource to further even more development. But that's just my opinion. Personally i just want to change small stuff on my gto and if i had the brain to make XDF files i would and i love contributing to tuners and opensource developers. But That's just my 2cents rant. -Nick

·
Super Moderator
18,159 Posts
The point is they put in the WORK to get you the end product.

You want it for free go do it yourself.

Let me know when you succeed. It will be an amazing accomplishment.

I don't have a problem with the concept of open source tuning and LS platform.

I do have a problem with someone trying to get something from someone else that put in effort for free.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts