LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
1,663 Posts
I used TunerPro for tuning my '87 Camaro, but also used a couple other programs before then. We had the bin files for numerous GM cars, so we were able to add parameters to the program as desired/needed. Still had to pay for the programs back then, and they weren't that expensive, but still had to buy a chip burner and a UV eraser. Looking back at my files, I started tuning over 20 years ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I'm working on an XDF for the 04 GTO. Should hopefully be done by the end of the year.
I love you. lol. This is great news. I wish I knew this before I payed someone to convert it to a bin. I PM'd you my email address. Im curious to learn about XDF creation and id love to help if i could.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I love you. lol. This is great news. I wish I knew this before I payed someone to convert it to a bin. I PM'd you my email address. Im curious to learn about XDF creation and id love to help if i could.
I should have the first pass done this weekend. I've probably got 40-50 parameters left to define, but got over 1200 in the definition file so far.

·
Administrator
20,974 Posts
Use a really old version of HPTuners that used to use the .bin file format. I've got some really old versions saved. Setup a filestore of some kind I can upload the files to and I will upload my oldest versions.

I am all for open sores.

·
Administrator
20,974 Posts
Ive tried that. Hp tuners used to be able to open bin but not save as bin.
What version of HP Tuners? What date?

The oldest I have is v2_0_17 from December 2005. This will require .NET 1.1 and likely an older OS (XP/Vista?) to run it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What version of HP Tuners? What date?

The oldest I have is v2_0_17 from December 2005. This will require .NET 1.1 and likely an older OS (XP/Vista?) to run it.
Im not sure. I only currently have the current version. But from what ive read it only used to read bin not export bin but i could be wrong.

·
Administrator
20,974 Posts
So either I am not making myself clear or you're not listening. OLD versions of HPTuners will do exactly what you are asking. I am firing up a WinXP virtual box right now to double check. If it works, I can send the old version and you can go from there.

update:
version v2_0_17 will not save as bin files - but I know for a fact HPTuners used to.

If you can find an even older version, you might be in luck. Trying asking around on the hptuners forum. Ask for late 2004 or early 2005 version and go from there.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
So either I am not making myself clear or you're not listening. OLD versions of HPTuners will do exactly what you are asking. I am firing up a WinXP virtual box right now to double check. If it works, I can send the old version and you can go from there.

update:
version v2_0_17 will not save as bin files - but I know for a fact HPTuners used to.

If you can find an even older version, you might be in luck. Trying asking around on the hptuners forum. Ask for late 2004 or early 2005 version and go from there.
Even if we could locate an older version could we be able to open and save files? I remember that once upon a time the software would not work unless one sync'd the MPVI to it and since V. 4.4ish there was an update to firmware 0121 that does not allow you to use older software versions. I know at some point they allowed people to download the software and play with it, but it would not let you save files in "Demo" mode.

·
Administrator
20,974 Posts
No idea to be honest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I remember that once upon a time the software would not work unless one sync'd the MPVI to it and since V. 4.4ish there was an update to firmware 0121 that does not allow you to use older software versions.
I'm not certain but that's also what I've heard. From other forum posts it appears older versions of HPtuners was linked to the serial number of the device. If bin conversions from HPT or EFI live was publicly possible than they would be out of business because people like me would love to tune in their free software but flash in bin with free open source such as PCM Hammer. I know its possible because I definitely "didn't" pay someone to convert it for me. But they wouldn't reveal their secrets since they too are profiting off of it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts