LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GTO = Pontiac shenanigans
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Anyone have this setup? And do the BMR bags fit?

·
Registered
93 Posts
just started a thread abouth this 2 days ago with no response.dont think anybody has done this.

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
schiccc said:
just started a thread abouth this 2 days ago with no response.dont think anybody has done this.

Yeah I saw that....I guess I will have to find out on my own. I will let you know what I find out.

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fyi

Okay I went and called BMR and got the dimensions of the bags which are 5 inches. Then I called Eibach and got there dimensions for the springs. The springs are 4.5 inches then go down to 42mm. And according to them they wont fit the drag bags (and I called BMR back after I got verification from Eibach to ensure this would be a true statement). And with those dimensions a .5 inch overlap would make a fit like a square peg in a round hole (as they put it). So the answer would be no according to the techs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm interested in the drag bags for my eibach equipted car too. BMR doesnt make the bags. They get them from some company that makes them for many different applications most likely. I do not know what company that is though. Find out what company actually makes them, get their catalog and look at the specs for other cars to find one the right size that we need.

·
06 m6
164 Posts
fl04gto said:
I'm interested in the drag bags for my eibach equipted car too. BMR doesnt make the bags. They get them from some company that makes them for many different applications most likely. I do not know what company that is though. Find out what company actually makes them, get their catalog and look at the specs for other cars to find one the right size that we need.
dont see it being a problem, it's a bag. if you can get it into the spring, then it will conform to the spring. will be puting my bags on today. they will be going into pedders 0 drop. talk to speed INC. they will beable to help you more. hope the info is useful and good luck.

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fl04gto said:

When I called both companies they measured the items right there while I was on the phone (ie BMR measured a dragbag and Eibach measured the springs) and they wont fit. Eibach rear springs are 115mm (4.5 inches) on the widest part and go down to 42mm. The dragbags are 5 inches in diameter. They wont work, BUT if you get them to work then please let us know but looking at the numbers they wont. If you would like here is the contact number for each party with the rep I spoke to.

Jason http://www.bmrfabrication.com/about.htm
Keith http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/072.1.2026856288300003709

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
burnz said:
dont see it being a problem, it's a bag. if you can get it into the spring, then it will conform to the spring. will be puting my bags on today. they will be going into pedders 0 drop. talk to speed INC. they will beable to help you more. hope the info is useful and good luck.

Dbluegoat did the same thing with his Pedders they will go in but you wont get them out. Here is the link http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68854&highlight=king+springs+drag+bags

·
06 m6
164 Posts

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
They will fit but will be tight, then ues your OWN air pressures to adjust, don't go by so and so runs this and it works so I should run that to. With the bags being tigher then with stock springs you won't need as much air to achive the same results.

·
Studying :(
259 Posts
Eibach and BMR drag bags don't fit. Just found out.

Saw the link above however I couldn't find anything. Also the fact that my workplace blocks the website's pictures doesn't help either. As the previous posts said, the BMR bag is 5" and the Eibach is 4.5" wide. So are there smaller drag bags out there?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I've put bags into the stock springs, then the pedders drop springs and finally into king stock height springs.

They fit best in the stock spring, were a HUGE pain in the ass to get them in the pedders springs but they worked fine and somewhat easier to get into the king springs.

I'm sure you could get them in, obviously it will be a real pain in the ass though. Also who cares if they dont come out you can sell the springs with bags pretty easily around here, I've sold all mine and still come out ok moneywise

1 - 15 of 15 Posts