LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
_________
461 Posts
I just dont understand the fascination with this car. I'd rather have a regular '67 fastback.

For some reason the little lights next to the headlight really bother me.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
The car is a realy nice car. Shelby is a name to be respected. No matter what brand he works, or worked with. I just hate some mustang drivers, and how they think the cars are the sh!t right out of the box.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess to each his own, but I just absolutely adore that car. I'll watch "Gone in 60 Seconds" just for that car! It has all the key points I love about a sporty coupe (including the same reasons I love my car!)

-sleek yet angular body
-2 door
-amazing power and growl
-intimidating front end
-smooth rear lol

Hell if nothing else, the photography is breathtaking.

·
Omertà
5,324 Posts
I also love that car. JMHO it's the best looking Mustang ever produced.:)

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
I drove one built by Unique Performance in Texas about 2 years ago. A buddy of mine who's a baseball player bought one. They look really good but other than that the cars are very poorly put together pieces of junk. In fact when he took me for a ride the damn altenator bracket came loose, which was a poorly engineered piece of crap. I had to fix it for him b/c he didn't know how to turn a wrench only after borrowing a set of tools from a near by Volunteer FD. He then let me drive it home and while going the speed limit a deer almost collided with the car. He then informed me the "damn that would have sucked, I don't even have any insurance on the thing." Only 140 miles on the Odo.

To this day I don't think he's gotten the car to run properly since purchasing it, there is always something wrong with it.

For the money I would much rather have a Ford GT or 2 new GT500s.

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts
Carroll Shelby is the man. He is a living legend. What ever he puts his hands to (or name) turns to gold. The GT500-E is no exception (but the dodge shelbies of the 80's are the exception).

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
The Eleanor Mustang is hideous looking. Nice website though, some great photography.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts