LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought the car into the dealer for the safety mode issue 2 weeks ago. They changed PCM and all was fine. Now I have another problem that happens intermittently. When I try to start car either it wont start,(it turns over, but wont ignite), or it starts and I have no throttle response at all. It's not throwing any codes as I had a flatbed take it to dealer today when it happened. He put the Tech II on it and no codes. He tried to start it and it fired right up. So I take car, and before I get home I stop at the bank, shut car off and go inside. I come out and dont ya know......same issue. I get it to start and leave it idling for 5 mins and it clears up. So I stop again at the convenience store for 5 mins about a qtr mile down from the bank,and it does it once more with same results after letting it idle for a bit, only this time it took a little longer for it to actually start. This time the check engine light is on, so I hope there is a code in there for them to see.
Anyone have any ideas............cause dealer is lost on this one.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Crap man. That sucks. Sounds like another issue with the fly by wire. Not sure, but you may have a problem with the posision sensor on the accelorator pedal. Or you mighyt have a coolant temp switch issue. I have seen alot of the coolant temp sensors go bad. But never on an LS2. Stop by an Auto Zone tomorrow, and get it scanned. They do that for free on OBD2 vehicles.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black Devil said:
Crap man. That sucks. Sounds like another issue with the fly by wire. Not sure, but you may have a problem with the posision sensor on the accelorator pedal. Or you mighyt have a coolant temp switch issue. I have seen alot of the coolant temp sensors go bad. But never on an LS2. Stop by an Auto Zone tomorrow, and get it scanned. They do that for free on OBD2 vehicles.
Light went out.........dealer scanned it today. No stored codes. But I just looked at my fuel cap and its loose and I cant tighten it. This is the second fuel cap on car already. The light was probably from the cap.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I canot see the fuel cap causing a no start. Sounds like you've got a problem that does not want to be found. I will be at my shop today. I can check all datta for any call backs, recalls, or customer interests that entail this problem.

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
How much for the monaro front bumper....:fawkdance

Seriously though, somebody just posted the same problem with the car turning over and not starting. I have the video he took on my computer. Let me see if I can find the post.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Juniorss said:
How much for the monaro front bumper....:fawkdance

Seriously though, somebody just posted the same problem with the car turning over and not starting. I have the video he took on my computer. Let me see if I can find the post.
Josh..see if you can E mail it to me

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Josh..see if you can E mail it to me
Sure, im going to try now.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Problem solved thanks to Kurt, (Black Devil). he suggested that when i drive car and problem re-occurs, to disconnect coolant temp sensor. Car ran fine after that.
Had to have a friend from Rhode Idland diagnose the problem, Pontiac Technicians arent too bright...!!

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,410 Posts
Nice Job Kurt....

Morty:gears:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
:secret:

:thumbs: :rolleyes:

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
diagnosing problems on the phone while installing headers:ftw: !!!!!!

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
He He! That's right. I was installing your headers at the time of the first call.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Brining this one back. John, see if you can get an OBD II monitor. Look at the temp when warm, and lok at the a/f ratio when warm. I am windering on a tuning issue with you MAF, or a MAF problem.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dealer is getting it back on Weds. I keep wonderin if the tune in the PCM is wrong. I really didnt drive car much after new PCM was installed. However since I had tune put back in I'm encountering this problem, only when car is at operating temp. When cold it is fine. I went as far as to call tuner and he had absolutely no input for me at all.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Wonder if there is a problem with the tune @ operating temp. Just doesn't seam like the problem is sensor oriented now. I was sure it would be the temp sensor.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Black Devil said:
Wonder if there is a problem with the tune @ operating temp. Just doesn't seam like the problem is sensor oriented now. I was sure it would be the temp sensor.
That's what I'm thinkin' Kurt....I'm going to have dealer flash computer and see if problem disappears.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Finally got PCM back today, after 2 weeks. ( Tuner had it).Plugged it in, connected battery, reached operating temp and problem is gone. Had to be an issue with Tuner's program. He is looking into it also with person that wrote the program.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
That sucks man. Going to get a dyno tune soon? Hope your luck is much better. Hey, just in time to get the car stored for winter.

·
What's in your wallet?
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sucks man. Going to get a dyno tune soon? Hope your luck is much better. Hey, just in time to get the car stored for winter.
Probably in the Spring, no sense in doing it now. Getting the Moth Balls ready for storage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts