LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using Kooks LT’s on my 2005 GTO with the high flow cats. The last time I went through the Emissions test I barely passed and this was even with using E85. Since then I was able to get some stock cats and have them welded into a set of Kooks offroad mids. Basically making “Stock Cat/Kook’s Mids”. These mid pipes have been used on two different RMGTO club members GTO’s to pass emissions with flying colors. Both of these guys were failing the emissions test by quite a bit with their high flow cats or no cat setups. So I am going to call these new mid pipes Kryptonite for the Emissions Test.

If you have a 05/06 GTO using Kooks Long Tube headers and are failing the Emissions Test these Kryptonite mids should enable you to pass. I am willing to let upstanding RMGTO members borrow these mids temporarily to pass the emissions test as needed. If you are a punk, dead beat or simply a prick, don’t request to borrow them because I won’t let you borrow them to avoid the drama.

Hopefully I can help my fellow GTO owners with this and not get screwed like I have on other “Lets help each other out” projects I have participated in. Lets all play nice so skulls don’t have to be cracked.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Woohoo!!
You rock

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my tag renewal and it states that I have to get an emissions test. So I get to test out the Kryptonite mids on my own GTO this time. In the past we had to change the tune to run hotter in order to just barely pass with E85 and the Kooks catted mids. I am going to keep the tune as is and simply swap the mids and see how it turns out this time around. I will probably get it in for the E-test some time next week.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also want to mention that another RMGTO member borrowed these mids to pass emissions with flying colors a few weeks ago.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got back from the E-Test using the Kryptonite mids. I purposefully didn't modify the tune to make it more E-Test friendly. I am happy to report that it passed with flying colors!!!

·
GB=coffee pimp.
2,427 Posts
Nice dude! Glad that there is a good way to pass for those that have Kooks installed. Thanks for trying this out and working it out for the community.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey, CHA-LEE. I recently took possession of an '06 with Kooks LTs and high-flow cats. I suspect I might be needing some Kryptonite in the very near future.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, CHA-LEE. I recently took possession of an '06 with Kooks LTs and high-flow cats. I suspect I might be needing some Kryptonite in the very near future.
Another member currently has them on his car. He needs to get them off before they can be lent out again. Hopefully he gets them off soon so they can be used by others.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Another member currently has them on his car. He needs to get them off before they can be lent out again. Hopefully he gets them off soon so they can be used by others.
Roger that. Please let me know if/when they return. Thanks!

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The most alarming data point on that is the "Cat present - FAIL". You may have an E-test dude that is being an ass hat about the presence of your cats. Even if all of the numbers passed, if they claim that you do not have cats present you will still fail the E-test.

I have heard of some E-Test places being real dicks about claiming that cats are not present because they are not in the stock location within the exhaust piping.

Either way, you are welcome to borrow my Kryptonite mids to at least pass the "Sniffer" portion of the test.

·
Original Owners & 100K Club
2006 Monaro VZ Clone
804 Posts
Kryptonite WORKS!

Thanks again Char-Lee.

·
Chimp Daddy LLC
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had to do emissions again to renew the registration on my GTO. I threw on the Kryptonite mids and then drove right over to take the E-Test. It passed with flying colors. The biggest surprise was the look on the testers face when they looked at the ODO showing 9400 miles. They thought it was an error so they checked it again to make sure. I guess its not normal to see a 10 year old car with less then 10K on the ODO.

·
Administrator
20,338 Posts
Well, since the only time you drive its for emissions tests...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts