LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was approaching I-81 on ramp when BMW M Roadster zips up behind me and decides to tailgate. He follows me dangerously close down the on ramp and I decide to leave him behind.

Easier said than done. I pulled a car length or two on him in the beginning but he hung right with me through 4th and I began to SLOWLY walk away as the speedo crossed 140 MPH. Traffic in front of us prevented further acceleration, so I shut down, moved right, and waited for him to come on past.

Much to his credit, he did not do a "fly by", but as he drove past and I waved enthusiastically, smiling and giving him thumbs up, he refused to even glance in my direction. Gee, were my feelings hurt.

A bit later, as I settled into my 79 MPH "cruise control", I passed him again, and took another shot at being "driver friendly", but again he refused to acknowledge my presence.

A crying shame, because I was actually impressed with his ride. Not bad at all for a six cylinder.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
just another Bimmer owner pissed off that the GTO can keep up with their car, which costs twice as much(roughly)

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
theyre fast though capable of 13.5 right out of the box13.0 if its new

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
300+ hp in that little car would be scary. From a dig I've heard they have major traction issues.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well Florit when I was outrun be the NOS GT, I waved and tried the :thumbs: would not even acknowledge my existence. So on the other side of the coin... that did not hurt my feelings, it just PISSED me off!!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gangster1 said:
...it just PISSED me off!!
LOL, I can imagine... but rudeness doesn't "piss me off." There are way too many other things that can piss me off, so I don't react that way to rudeness. I just shake my head and drive on.

Note: There's a difference between rudeness and hostility. If he had shot me the finger, I would have DEFINITELY been pissed off. LOL.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
FLORIT said:
LOL, I can imagine... but rudeness doesn't "piss me off." There are way too many other things that can piss me off, so I don't react that way to rudeness. I just shake my head and drive on.

Note: There's a difference between rudeness and hostility. If he had shot me the finger, I would have DEFINITELY been pissed off. LOL.
Oh, be assured that he wanted to shoot you the finger (in his brain-that guy beat my fine German automobile-what's up with that, dude???)!!! He just didn't have the balls to do it. He didn't even have the confront to look at you once you ate his kraut for lunch!!!

Good kill. Those M-Coupes are no slouch. Good HP and little weight!

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
To this date I have had only one BMW give me the wave and a thumbs up. I think in the five and a half years that I had the Trans Am I must have run about 10 or 12 of the M3 and m roadsters. Oh well. I won every race, so they are allowed to hate my guts.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Man Florit, it seems like you get to race everything. I've yet to match up with anything.

M roadster is a challenge. This guy actually has some motor compared to the far from slow, but far from fast Z3, Z4.

Funny he didn't look over. Who runs to 140 on public streets and doesn't look at the other guy ? It's not like he didn't know what was gonna on and mysteriously just stood on it trying to figure out why a specific car in traffic he hasnt seen before is checking his sports car in check.

good race

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
STi said:
300+ hp in that little car would be scary. From a dig I've heard they have major traction issues.
the older ones are 240, and no they hook like theyre glued...my friend went 1.81 60' first time at the track...

·
Mr. Mortgage
16 Posts
2edybrd said:
To this date I have had only one BMW give me the wave and a thumbs up. I think in the five and a half years that I had the Trans Am I must have run about 10 or 12 of the M3 and m roadsters. Oh well. I won every race, so they are allowed to hate my guts.
Tell me about it. Preppy b*tches. :gr_jest:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
just another Bimmer owner pissed off that the GTO can keep up with their car, which costs twice as much(roughly)
I didnt realize GTO's were that cheap...

M Roadsters are what like $45k?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts