LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a repost, but i was sitting in the drive thru line with the goat and i hear a chime and look at the DIC and it says, engine hot, with some stupid animated graffics, but then the gauge goes all the way up and then goes back to normal.... anyone else with this, is this normal when the engine hot indicator comes on? and ideas would be great!

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I think this was a common problem along with random speedo spikes at 200mph. It has to do with the wires that route behind the glovebox to the dash gauges. Somehow one is grounding itself out or something. Someone suggested wrapping the bundle in a large piece of split loom tubing to protect them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yeah, this has been posted before. I also have had this happen twice, as have several others. Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
RogerRamjet said:
Yeah, this has been posted before. I also have had this happen twice, as have several others. Welcome to the club!!!
I had this happen as well. The display on the dash where the odometer reading is also went haywire and ever pixel/display was on. Took it to the dealership, the replaced the gauge cluster and haven't had the problem again. It's been a month, hopefully this new cluster can hold up. This is a common problem with the GTO's, your dealer should be aware of it. Hope that info helps.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
happened to me last night, glad that i had read about it here first or i would have freaked out.... lasted about 15 seconds....

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
I joined the Fraternity last night too...15 seconds also. Hope it doesnt lead to other problems.

I restarted the engine and held the set and mode buttons as i started it so i could monitor the temps. Temp was normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts