LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, looking to go to the track and looking for some help. I have never been to the track in my life.. so I'm looking for all the pointers I can get..
so is there anyone out there that can help ??
:hail:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
slider417 said:
Guys, looking to go to the track and looking for some help. I have never been to the track in my life.. so I'm looking for all the pointers I can get..
so is there anyone out there that can help ??
:hail:
Automatic or manual?

Also look in the "Drag Racing" forum here.

In any case, just have fun is the key. :)

Padre

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Padre,

I have a manual.. thanks.. I'll repost this in the drag racing section

PadreGTO said:
Automatic or manual?

Also look in the "Drag Racing" forum here.

In any case, just have fun is the key. :)

Padre

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
slider417 said:
Padre,

i think he was just suggesting that you look in the drag racing section for tips. not that you repost there. its not really necessary to make mulitple posts. since most of us use the "new posts" button, we usually see everything anyways.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
slider417 said:
I'll let the manual guys give you tips on launching - that'll be the key to good times.

But for going to the track in general, here are a few random tips.

- When you get there, spend some time just watching what others do, especially when they get to the line. Talk to others for tips.

- I imagine you'll be running a .500 tree. What you'll do is this: when you "stage", you'll approach the line slowly, the top yellow light will go on (pre-stage). Inch forward, then the second yellow will go on (staged). Once you and your opponent have "staged", the other three lights will begin go on, one by one.

- You want to go on the 3rd yellow. How quickly you do so will give you your reaction time. Don't wait for the green. If you go before the 3rd yellow, you'll "redlight".

- But don't worry about that so much. Reaction time is only important if you are really intent on beating your opponent across the line. But if you're there for fun and times, you can take all the time you want in the staging lanes and it will measure only the time you take in the 1/4.

- Also, pay attention to the workers in the staging lane - do what they tell you, watch them for instructions.

- Check out where the return lanes are and watch what people do. In general, the first car across the line has the right of way.

Watch a couple of my vids to see what it's like:
In car, lining up.
From the stands, racing a Camaro.
Up against another Goat.

And check the vids in my sig as well.

Good luck! I hear Englishtown is a great track. You should have fun.

Padre

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will be going down this wednesday if you want to go down and meet me there. That would be cool, let me know

·
GTONEWB
250 Posts
04IBMGOAT said:
I will be going down this wednesday if you want to go down and meet me there. That would be cool, let me know

Hey Jesse, I bought my GTO from you guys haha... It was about a little over a Month ago. Since then i've brought it back for minor stuff like the knock in the back when shifting hard into 2nd or 3rd gear. Also I had a run in with a truck tire and had to have a piece of the front bumper repainted. I tell ya.. Andy does a great job when it comes stuff like that. I should stop by and say Hi to ya.. when do ya usually work?

GTONEWB
IBM M6

·
Registered
46 Posts
damn who did you buy it from. I am there every day tomorrow is my day off and I am making it track day so I wont be there. 9-9 every day :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
i got my old pontiac from you guys... but now i got the goat in delaware because i didn't want that front plate on there... if i did'nt have work i would go with you to the track... i have never been to one either, it would have been nice to go with another rookie. Good luck at the track

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jesse,
are you still going to the track tonight ? If so, what time ? I was planning on going down and meeting up with you. I bought my GTO from you guys about a month ago too..need to bring it back in because the shifter knob is rattling and the driver side window seems to be off the track..
I sent you my cell # .. hit me up later so we can hook up at the track

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
So did you guys go? What were the results? Did you see my friend's twin-turbo Z06 running?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went and I dont want to talk about it. It was that bad. Besides waiting for 3 hours just to get a run in I was already pissed. Then when I finally got to run I missed 3rd gear and ran a [email protected] with a 2.299 60ft. I was beside myself the entire way home. I am still pissed about.......

·
10 Second N/A Club
5,542 Posts

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Bruce this thread is 4 years old lol wtf.

·
10 Second N/A Club
5,542 Posts
ahhYea now I see it...... so what ...LOL wE STILL NEED MORE PEOPLE...LOL

I dont see anyone else talkin it up maybe someone will see it and come

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Closing this one up man. We already have threads on it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.