LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I wanted to try this radio out after seeing an different model in my buddies gto. His has a volume knob. Beware, The volume knob sits pretty much up against the trim so he has to notch it. Meh. So I got the one with just buttons. You still have to modify the trim ring (a lot) to get it to work. So there’s your warning. So let’s get to it.

I pulled my pioneer touch screen out. I had a wiring nightmare because I kept adding and adding stuff over the past few years. Yea, I don’t normally do stuff like this, it got out of hand and I’m embarrassed. But is what it is.

I got rid of some wires, I’m removing two of my gauges because the radio has those built in. It’s still a lot of wires but it’s much better and more organized

Now I gotta make a trim plate for it. I didn’t like how my metro trim ring turned out.

So I decided on a carbon trim ring. I layed this sheet up the other day. It’s two layers of carbon and 8 layers of fiberglass weave. I may redo it because I should have done it all carbon, you can see white fiberglass on the edges. Not bad, but I’m weird about things. Also, it does look to plain on the bottom but a gauge and two billet buttons are going there.

And some more pics.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How do the gauges work on the radio? Does the sender wire connect to the radio like they do a gauge? And are you able to get other gauge options?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do the gauges work on the radio? Does the sender wire connect to the radio like they do a gauge? And are you able to get other gauge options?
If you buy direct from enon, they include a free bluetooth dongle that plugs into your obd2 port. If you buy from ebay like me, they charge extra for it.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it automatically connects every time you start the car too, btw. the thing I dont like is every time you start the car/boot the radio, the music does not play nor does the gauge function open up automatically. However, the gauges gives you an option to automatically open the app and its already in the app switcher so it opens fast. There may be settings to change this I dont know about.

my buddy has oil pressure on his, so i know its capable of working and supposedly theres a way to add the trans temp. I havent had enough time to figure that stuff out just yet. My obd2 port is capable of displaying both because it shows them on my scanner. H esaid something about the obd2 dongle may not support it so he said he's ording a different one that supposedly does do it. I will post back once I figure it out.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey fellas. Need your opinion. I just finished the trim plate, minus one bottom that’s going right next to the push button in the middle. I ordered two custom black billet button that day “launch” and “water meth”

anyways. There’s a screw that was necessary to hold it in place. I don’t really like the screw showing. Just as a test I added a little aluminum rockford Fosgate plaque to it just to see. Maybe a Pontiac emblem, GTO decal, LSx decal or a turbo decal. What you guys think?
With screw showing

With plaque

·
Registered
873 Posts
Oh I meant to ask how does the torq app get loaded into the radio? Does it have a WiFi connection or maybe phone to radio to comp to radio?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I meant to ask how does the torq app get loaded into the radio? Does it have a WiFi connection or maybe phone to radio to comp to radio?
Torque app is already loaded in the radio. But you can connect to WiFi and get in the internet and go to the google App Store.

yea, I think it’s too much carbon. I was considering painting part of it black and then clear coating the whole thing. I dunno. I could always sand the carbon with 2000 grit for a dull finish. This is just temporary till I decide what I want.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I've got the 10.1" touch screen EONON unit in mine. Love it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts