LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many posts on this website that refer to a certain look being RICEY:bs:
We all own our cars, and we live either in free Country, whether it's America, Austraillia, or somewhere else. As the saying goes..."what's one man's trash, is another man's treasure".

If a person wants to mod their car then they are entitled, being the fact that it's their name on the title!

As I have observed from watching many programs such as "My Classic Car", "Horse Power T.V.", "American Muscle Car" (to name a few), as well as my love for Hot Rods and Muscle Cars, I realize the Kids today are doing the same things that the Elders of our community have done in the past.

Back in the day, a kid would take a (light-framed car) Tempest, Nova, Road Runner, etc...upgrade/massage the engine and look for big-block cars to either run with or blow their doors off! ...sounds kind of familiar doesn't it?
It's not uncommon to come across a Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, etc... and hear a canned exhaust, or hear the Turbo they installed to improve their cars.

Well as far as I'm concerned, I think it's up to the owner if they want to add, subtract, or upgrade their car, there is nothing wrong with being different, after all we have different kinds of cars.

Just something to think about.

Right now my car is bone-stock, but after I get back from deployment next November my car will be different.

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
Not ever going to change that is how it is going to be sorry

opinions are just that opinions

Don't read them or take it for anything

case closed

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
QuickSilverTiger said:
I have read many posts on this website that refer to a certain look being RICEY:bs:
We all own our cars, and we live either in free Country, whether it's America, Austraillia, or somewhere else. As the saying goes..."what's one man's trash, is another man's treasure".

If a person wants to mod their car then they are entitled, being the fact that it's their name on the title!

your right, this is america. in america you have the right to do what you want and for the most part SAY what you want. if you have the right to make it hideous, i have the right to call it as such. some people could be a little more polite about it though.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
people can say whatever they want...and does this really belong in the appearance section? :huh:

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
people can say whatever they want. but dont get your panties in a bunch when those same people dont like it.

we stop calling stuff rice, they stop getting pissed cause we dont like it. deal?:ftw:

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
Hummina said:
people can say whatever they want. but dont get your panties in a bunch when those same people dont like it.

we stop calling stuff rice, they stop getting pissed cause we dont like it. deal?:ftw:
:soapbox:

please step off

:cool:

j/k :D

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
I reserve the right to voice my opinions as I see fit, and people are not entitled to never be offended.

·
5,909 Posts
its true though. people ask for opinions, they get them, dont like them, then get all pissed off. its annoying:drink:

::steps off soapbox::

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Also, can we please stop refering to erections as "The Baloney Pony". That's just plain disrespectful to folks in the luncheon meat processing industry.

Thanks.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
My biggest issues is when someone posts "here it is" and then people bash it... "here it is" isn't a request for an oppinion... now "what do you think", sure that one will be subject to bad replies.

I guess what I'm getting as is if the poster is saything look at this and not look at this and tell me what you think, then the "i don't like it"s shouldn't be posted... you know, nothing says you have to post either...

·
5,909 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
theres a smiley for that now....

:soapbox:
but hes still on the soapbox. didnt quite step off yet:p

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
Sorry to say but when someone posts on this or any MB asking for an opinion, or just posting pictures to show the public people are gonna comment on it. That's how it is. If people (you) dont want to have someone else's opinion on something or hear its hideous or "ricey" then dont post it on a MB for people to comment.

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
City Goat said:
people can say whatever they want...and does this really belong in the appearance section? :huh:
I just feel as though some people are a little mean-spirited. Anytime someone wants to give their car a certain look and asks for opinions, people should be a little more sensitive. Please remember, that the person asking has taken time to figure out what may look good to them.

I have seen some awesome looking GTO's on this site, and appreciate the work the owners have put into their works of art.

I'm not saying I'm some sort of an expert, I think it's ok to give suggestions, but please be considerate.

Remember, there are some awesome Asian and European cars out there too.

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
Suggestions can be both positive and negative

You want to post pics

Better be prepared to take what people say and not get all upity about it, probably make you want to :comp:

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dakrat said:
i dont even wanna see it. :drink: :drink:
There is no reason to be nasty. This is for all purposes a classy site, we should above all respect one another.

That's the point I'm making.

No animation inputs included either.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.