LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the Kansas City or Kansas State area......On October 7th (gates open at 5:00pm) Topeka's Heartland Park, where we are having the Runoffs, will be taping an episode of "Pinks". You know......lose the race, lose your ride. Since we will be there anyway for our National Road Racing Championship......we will be there to watch it. Here is the link:

http://hpt.com/store/catalog/events_calendar.php?select_event=195


Spread the word. It should be pretty fun.


Thanks,
Chris
 

·
NFC Champs
Joined
·
883 Posts
I would like that show if every race was heads-up and they threw the lame negotiations out the window.

Also, why not make it 100% legit and use a tree??? Oh well, it would still be fun to go to a taping.
 

·
get used to this sight
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
watching the people bitch to eachother is the fun part... like a couple of old ladies all the time. the funny thing is that is how it really goes down on the streets... 2 hours of bytching for a 12 second race. gotta love it
 

·
Do it Yourselfer
Joined
·
1,202 Posts
since when is there a tree in a street race?
 

·
NFC Champs
Joined
·
883 Posts
Joe6pt0 said:
since when is there a tree in a street race?
If it was truly "street racing" they would not be allowed to use VHT or slicks or any of that crap.

That argument is pointless.

The only reason they don't use a tree is to give that bald-headed fella something to do, get that intense, constipation-esque look on his face and build up the suspense...lose the race, lose your ride!!!!


popknot98 said:
well then the same car would win every time. but i do agree about useing a tree.
Potentially... I think they just need to work harder on finding cars that have the same hp/weight ratio and let it be a battle between the drivers. The best episodes are the ones where the cars are really close each and every time. Case in point, one of the worst episodes was when they put the folks that are a sponsor here against some lame ricer, I think it was CAM? Anyway, the ricer had the audacity to ask for 20 lengths... in a "street race" the folks at CAM wouldn't have given that idiot the time of day, instead would've rather raced someone much closer to the performance of their vehicle.
 

·
Do it Yourselfer
Joined
·
1,202 Posts
pinski said:
If it was truly "street racing" they would not be allowed to use VHT or slicks or any of that crap.

That argument is pointless.
Actually that isn't an argument in itself, simply a point. That being said, since when are slicks and "any of that crap" "not allowed" in a street race? I've seen slicks on the street...and get this...in a race....a street race no less.

The point of the show isn't "lets go sit at the track and see who's got the fastest car". That happens every weekend at every strip in this country already. Go pay $15 to spectate at your local strip if you want to see that.

Its a simple battle of wits and BS...which is all found in street racing. The only difference is that the loser actually loses his car....unlike most bet for $$ street races.
 

·
NFC Champs
Joined
·
883 Posts
Joe6pt0 said:
Actually that isn't an argument in itself, simply a point. That being said, since when are slicks and "any of that crap" "not allowed" in a street race? I've seen slicks on the street...and get this...in a race....a street race no less.

The point of the show isn't "lets go sit at the track and see who's got the fastest car". That happens every weekend at every strip in this country already. Go pay $15 to spectate at your local strip if you want to see that.

Its a simple battle of wits and BS...which is all found in street racing. The only difference is that the loser actually loses his car....unlike most bet for $$ street races.
Very rarely have I seen a car being driven around town on legitimate slicks, more often then not, they'll be running drag radials, such as M/T ET Streets or Nittos, etc.

I suppose its the BS part that annoys me the most... as well as the sandbagging. Using the format to construct a win is bullshit, pure and simple IMHO. I'd be ashamed to win anything that way, but quite a few of the folks who go on that show aren't.

Anyone know the competitors and outcome of the race that was filmed tonite?
 

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
Joined
·
2,610 Posts
i got scared for a second....thought someone was gonna risk their lovely goat on pinks...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top