LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 255/50R16 ET street radial now and am looking for something a little stickier for the street. I am looking at the ET street because they make it in 16''. My questions are...will these fit and will I break the stock half shafts, rearend, drive shaft,etc. and the strip
Thanks for all input

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok guys is was to easy for me to put all the info in one post so I decided to do it in 3..LOL
the tires I am looking at are 26x10.5x16

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
the normal et street (not radial) is a bias ply slick with some lines cut into it... I ran slicks and didnt have a problem but many here have tried them using the stock tires in front and stopped using them becuase the "slick walk" (sway when you go down the track) scared them. On my previous car, a 4000lb 90 Lincoln LSC, I used to drive 100miles each way to track on the traditional et street (non radial) slicks ,then again i have been racing on slicks for almost 30 years... Yes it swayed ,,didnt bother me then either. If you run bias ply drag skinnies up front it wont sway at all,,its the combo of radials in front and biasply in back that gives you the swaying. Lastly you MUST pull over at the first sign of rain or kiss your butt and your car goodbye.

In conclusion unless your a hardcore racer and have experience
with real drag slicks on heavy cars I would not get them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never driven on a slick B4 but they will be on spare rims and only on the car when I get to the track or on my way to bust someones ass.

·
2,347 Posts
takes some time to get used to the way they feel/ride..
Not everyone can get used to it..
You may wnat to see if you can borrow a set of slicks,any slick first..
LS1 Fbody rear rims/slicks will work if they are not too wide and are much easier to find people with those.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea that's a good idea. I thought about buying VHT and doing a burnout in it before I run someone. Anyone try this with ET street radials? wondering if it helps hook. I want to dead plant this car on the street. if I can it would be hard to beat around here.

·
2,347 Posts
I know the et street radial is the best drag radial out there.
I run BFG drag radials and have gotten 1.6s on them,,
actually better than I did on slicks
(1.7s on those,just didnt have enough power yet for slicks).
My next set will be the et drag radials.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts