LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ritalin Version: We met, we played, he lost. Not by much though.

Details: Me n Ethyl driving through Picher Oklahoma, just out of Miami. We wuz MMOB, looking for big holes to fill. All of a sudden in the corner of my eye I saw him, streakin around from behind me at a light. I hollered out at Ethyl, "Don't Look Ethyl!!!" but it wuz too late, she done been lit by them purty headlights. There he was, brand new C6. We goofed around a little, both nervous about being out in the open and knowing what wuz gonna happen, Ethyl snarled.

We sorta half assed it down the boulevard, him trying to get me to give it up. Cute girl in the passenger seat, laughing and waving. We finally got lined up at a light. The vid pretty much tells the story but for you photo analysts out there notice his right front fender stays dead even through second and then falls off in third. He doesn't pass me until after the needle on the tach, that's the one on the left, falls off. Got to say he pushed us harder than pretty much everything I've run cept maybe the bikes. I wasn't watching him but figure he was about a half car to a car back in third when I let off. With the gears he would have murdered me on the top. I would have killed him from the dig but the intersection had lots of loose gravel and some moisture so we rolled through it before hitting it.

The little cutie was all excited, I bet he has a good night tonight.

Click here to see Ethyl Vs 2006 C6 Coupe.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Good kill WRP!

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
Very nice kill! I will have to be sure to show the wife in the morning. :D

-K

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
wrp said:
Ritalin Version: We met, we played, he lost. Not by much though.

Details: Me n Ethyl driving through Picher Oklahoma, just out of Miami. We wuz MMOB, looking for big holes to fill. All of a sudden in the corner of my eye I saw him, streakin around from behind me at a light. I hollered out at Ethyl, "Don't Look Ethyl!!!" but it wuz too late, she done been lit by them purty headlights. There he was, brand new C6. We goofed around a little, both nervous about being out in the open and knowing what wuz gonna happen, Ethyl snarled.

We sorta half assed it down the boulevard, him trying to get me to give it up. Cute girl in the passenger seat, laughing and waving. We finally got lined up at a light. The vid pretty much tells the story but for you photo analysts out there notice his right front fender stays dead even through second and then falls off in third. He doesn't pass me until after the needle on the tach, that's the one on the left, falls off. Got to say he pushed us harder than pretty much everything I've run cept maybe the bikes. I wasn't watching him but figure he was about a half car to a car back in third when I let off. With the gears he would have murdered me on the top. I would have killed him from the dig but the intersection had lots of loose gravel and some moisture so we rolled through it before hitting it.

The little cutie was all excited, I bet he has a good night tonight.

Click here to see Ethyl Vs 2006 C6 Coupe.

Get it my friend. Good kill.

LR

·
Omertà
5,303 Posts
Another great vid & kill wrp...oh yeah, you too Ethyl...you sneaky hussie!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Beautiful. Those C6's are fast cars.

When are you going to break down and get a multi-camera system so we can live vicariously through you?

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
great video man....btw my girls name is Joey.......she hates being thought of as a male :stickpoke

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts
GREAT kill brother....surprised there was like no discussion lol

·
4 Doors?
1,196 Posts
Nice win. Dont you hate those cars with an unfair weight advantage. Those darn corvettes can be a handful.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That they are. A C-6 has been the only thing to beat me so far in a real run.

My best was acing a guy in a Carerra who gave me the thumbs up and mouthed something like "gawd [email protected] that thing is fast!"

·
Registered
837 Posts
Where's the tunes?

Nice kill!

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
speeddemon said:
great video man....btw my girls name is Joey.......she hates being thought of as a male :stickpoke
Hehehe, winking at the girls is what it is all about. I meant I bet the guy driving had a great night. The young lady seemed quite animated/excited.

Click here to hear the limited discussion He wasn't talkative after the run.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Very nice, I just love a close race. The closer the cars are matched the better.

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
damn man, you sure get around, if you come to the MS gulf coast i sure would like to see that beast !

Great Kill.

Diceman

·
Whiskey Rock and Roller
241 Posts
WRP...... too god damned funny!!!!
Your stories kill me!

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Sounds like you bumped the rev limiter in second or third and you still beat him:gr_jest: Great kill!!

·
I said I was quiet...not nice
473 Posts
Great kill and documentation!

Always a pleasure reading of your exploits.

BTW, you really need use "The Streak" as a sound-track for some of these vids! :D

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rolencode GTO said:
Sounds like you bumped the rev limiter in second or third and you still beat him:gr_jest: Great kill!!
Good catch....it wound up so fast in second it surprised me. that was my first really close run from a near dig with the gears.

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
Nice Kill!!!! Your car sounds sick. What do you have done to it?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts