LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ritalin Version: Hey you take it where ever you can get it.

Details: Shades of Brokeback Drag Strip. Me n Ethyl pull up into the staging lanes in Provo Utah and a Mustang GT and a Cobra pull off and park. A C6 vette and a C5 vette turn around and go back to the pits. We wuz MMOB wondering if maybe one of us stepped in something. WTF, we were picking on farm trucks. The black one sounded pretty good and had large A$$ed slicks on. We put on a wheel hop show that cleared the crowd from both guardrails. Later on that night he threw the right axle and wheel plumb out of the vehicle and hit the wall then get this, gets back into it on one wheel. Me n Ethyl figured the track prep was bad enough after that and went home. Enjoy.

Click here to see Ethyl Herding Cows

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
Very nice WRP and you gotta know how good Ethyl sounds!

Tom.

·
Wheels UP Club !!!!
2,810 Posts
sounds so nice

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
nice, what were your times on this one? Looked like you got a pretty good launch on that second run.

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ls6gto said:
nice, what were your times on this one? Looked like you got a pretty good launch on that second run.
Second run showed an 8.3 I think, no time slips at that point in the night. I honestly believe I had a sub 2 second 60 foot but I am getting worse at launching, not better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
your car realy does good, and i'd have to say by all your vids you couldn't injoy it more if you tried. and it sure sounds faster than a high 12 sec car, just going off your 1/8 times.

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
Hey, easy with the Utah coments. Were not all Farmers, and I only have one wife to.

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Scott said:
Hey, easy with the Utah coments. Were not all Farmers, and I only have one wife to.
In Kentucky we had sheep. In Alabama the wives had new porcelin teeth. In Mississippi none of em had shoes, in Tennessee they dipped snuff. What the heck do I know though, I'm a redneck hick :) :patriot:

·
4 Doors?
1,196 Posts
Looks like some good runs. I am glad I didnt have to line up against the S-10 at our track he was running 11.2 all night long. We should have around 10 goats running this weekend. Will post up some vids if all goes well.
Looks like that camera takes a beating on the 1-2 shift. Nice vids.

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ls6gto said:
Second run was the best of the night....8.30s with a good sub 2 second 60', just no darned slips :(

2kformula said:
Looks like some good runs. I am glad I didnt have to line up against the S-10 at our track he was running 11.2 all night long. We should have around 10 goats running this weekend. Will post up some vids if all goes well.
Looks like that camera takes a beating on the 1-2 shift. Nice vids.
When the camera does that my wheels are hopping and I've broken totally loose.

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
wrp said:
In Kentucky we had sheep. In Alabama the wives had new porcelin teeth. In Mississippi none of em had shoes, in Tennessee they dipped snuff. What the heck do I know though, I'm a redneck hick :) :patriot:
LOL. I'm really a California Boy born and raised, but my parents are Okey's

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scott said:
LOL. I'm really a California Boy born and raised, but my parents are Okey's
I actually know one California Dude that will even answer my phone calls ;) You have to confess though, Reno 911 does rank somewhere on a parr with the Dukes of Hazard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts