LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ritalin Version: Nice car, but why not a C6 Z06 for a few dollars more?

Details: Me n Ethyl was MMOB hanging out at the women's restroom door, trollin for boobies when this dood in a very nice looking STS says "looks like we're gonna race." Ethyl grinned and roared, "don't look wrp!!!" but it was too late, I already felt the seat vibrate. I been away from the track so long I forgot how to launch, Ethyl tolerates me but you can see clearly where she took over in second gear. First pass this dood pulls me off the line. That was embarrassing.

Click here to see what $50,000-$75,000 or better gets you.

He wanted to go again.

Click here to see a less embarrassing launch

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
nice ones!!

I encountered only one STS-V on the road, but he was too buy enjoying his pipe to be bothered to run me. :(

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
That STSv got a nice launch and pulled well early but you passed him like he threw an anchor out the back! :gr_jest:

Nice kill!

·
Loves Lowjo
2,401 Posts
Yeah, you gotta love those high powered cadillacs though. Quite classy.

Not as classy as my wife dry humping one when we went to look at our Goat and (now) new family member. Miranda forgives her though.

Forgive and forget.

Great runs. Nothing like a big ol' sedan that seats 5 or so, GPS, warmers on your butt, and so many ponies you can take it to the race track on weekends and cleanup all but the highly modded beasts like Ethyl.

As always, appreciate your expliots WRP + Ethyl. I'm a huge fan!

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phillysrt4 said:
btw - what did you run that night as far as times and traps?
That was the embarrassing part, 8.4s around 88. Damned timing slips weren't working either. In one run against a primered truck I ran an 8.3. I gotta get to a better prepped track.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
ok it was an 8th mile track. it seemed like it was over a little quick. Those still arent bad times, and at this point of the year no one is prepping given how few events there are still this summer.

·
3,256 Posts
What track do you go to? I saw a red 04 in Kenedale a few weeks back, wasn't doing real well, but then again a procharger Mustang GT was lucky to even get 9s on that particular track....

·
Registered
850 Posts
Too bad you didn't run that STS-V the full 1/4 mile..he appeared to throw an anchor by the 2-3 shift.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
COBGTO said:
Too bad you didn't run that STS-V the full 1/4 mile..he appeared to throw an anchor by the 2-3 shift.
He didn't even need a 1/16th of the track to beat him. And it did look like he tossed out the anchor, lol, lol.....

ROK

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
I think I am in love, does Ethyl have a sister?

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
TXGTOU said:
What track do you go to? I saw a red 04 in Kenedale a few weeks back, wasn't doing real well, but then again a procharger Mustang GT was lucky to even get 9s on that particular track....
Denton. Lots to bitch about, kids on staff, timing slips work only sometimes, track prep only on their event nights but it is close and feels like home. Everyone is running on the same chit too. Generally cars that run both tracks find another 2-3 tenths at Kennedale which is normally well prepared.

DallasSleeper said:
I think I am in love, does Ethyl have a sister?
You prolly need to drive on over one Saturday to Kellers. Ethyl's a shameless Hussy, she goes both ways ;)

·
MY OTHER CAR IS MY FEET
201 Posts
Well that little skank sure does seem to get them to line up for her.

·
3,256 Posts
wrp said:
Denton. Lots to bitch about, kids on staff, timing slips work only sometimes, track prep only on their event nights but it is close and feels like home. Everyone is running on the same chit too. Generally cars that run both tracks find another 2-3 tenths at Kennedale which is normally well prepared.

haha, that's funny because there are a few of us that run Kennedale quite often and we're all convinced that the Denton track is better........

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts
He had a glimmer of hope for just a second then thought...I paid too much.

EDIT: In retrospect (viewing the second vid) his glimmer of hope was your less than perfect loss. Know he knows he paid too much.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Very nice kill WRP. If I remember correctly, you posted about your camera mount. Do you have a link to it or could you give me a write up? Thanks.

Shane

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ShaneD_06GTO said:
Very nice kill WRP. If I remember correctly, you posted about your camera mount. Do you have a link to it or could you give me a write up? Thanks.

Shane
This is about the same effort, I just use 3/4" aluminum bar stock from home depot. The wood makes a neat job though.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1437191&postcount=1

TXGTOU said:
haha, that's funny because there are a few of us that run Kennedale quite often and we're all convinced that the Denton track is better........
The Redline guys are extremely loyal. I've never seen an empty VHT barrell at Denton or Kennedale. They have the entire property lined with them at Redline. The last time I was there the semi truck racing league of Lufkin Texas showed up and ripped the entire surface off the track before dark. Normally usually generally though if you go to Redline your chit better be solid cause it will rip your axles off.

·
Registered
295 Posts
chit WRP remind me not to run you in my sts-v if ever in your neck of the woods..that was a spanking.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts