LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I was having my drag radials installed, I met a young man with a great sounding 4.6L Mustang GT. He talked about the mods he had done and that he would love to race the GTO. Based on the times he ran at the track, it seemed like it would be a good race. We agreed to meet at the drag strip some Friday night, but we haven't managed to hook up... until last night, on the street.

My son and I were out for an evening cruise when we met up with my friend and his 4.6L Mustang GT. I have to admit, it sounds great. Anyway, once we finally got lined up, we both eased off the light, running side by side, waiting for the other guy to punch it. Finally he did, and from a 35 mph roll in 2nd gear, I had him by a car length before I hit third. And, oh, what a third gear shift that was... those 275 Toyos gave a solid, deep sounding bark and my Goat was gone.

We both shut down after third gear because neither of us want to REALLY race on the street. But at the next light, he and his passenger were all BIG thumbs up and very impressed. And I was one proud '04 Goat herder. :D

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
What mods did he have?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know exactly. I don't want to overstate it. I mean, it wasn't supercharged or blowing NOS or anything like that. I know he had a great exhaust system and some other stuff. I also think he may have been padding his 1/8th mile times. I pulled him big time.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'm assuming it's a M5 GT and i'll guess on mods being CAI, x or h pipe and cb exhaust.

I'd be interested in a complete mod list and a full out race. Stang GT's are usually not even close to a equal tranny goat but there are some guys out there with the right mods and things can get interesting.

A GT with full exhaust and gears will make it interesting and N20 will make it embarassing.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
FLORIT, I'm guessing that you've improved your driving skills since that 14.041 second run, since stock Mustang GTs can easily trap low 14-second times. If you ran into a modded one, chances are he should be doing high 13s, even with just gears and exhaust.

Good run though.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Good kill. I have successfully outran 5 Mustangs to date (2 fox bodies, 98 modded GT, 2003 modded GT, and 1 Mach 1). I love my GTO and it impresses me with every drive but those 5.0s and 4.6s have a great exhaust sound with aftermarket systems installed. One of the best sounding American V8s IMHO . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts