LS1GTO.com Forums banner

821 - 840 of 872 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
okay sorry for not replying earlier. anyways, this was a homework project for my Programming with Excel VBA class.

So what I was tasked to do, upon other things, was to create a command button that would open a userform. On this user form I had multiple tabs, the tab I was asking about in particular was this: I had multiple text boxes for user information such as name, address, phone number and so on. When the user was to input their information and click "Add customers" on the bottom of the page it would add their name or who ever to a worksheet labeled "Customer List", then display the last name and row number in a list box, also found in the userform.

I needed a way to add the customer information to the next available row, clear the text boxes, add the customer last name and row number to the list box located on tab 3 or the user form, and alphabetize according to last name. Well I figured out all but the add list box and alphabetize parts, blah blah blah i'm carrying on and you guys don't care. anyways I ended up getting a 23/25 on the homework assignment.

13,889 Posts
Excel 2013 blows!

It seems like its slow and can't keep up. Simple sorts and sizing of columns (double click to size) seem to take forever. It's as if they made calculations show the numbers rolling like a slot game in Vegas.

Not digging it at all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Im surprised you could still use it after being blinded by the pure white, bright as 1000 suns, theme.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,093 Posts
If you think Excel 2013 sucks, take a crack at Word 2013.

·
Slayed by Gagtoe
618,141 Posts
I've been using them for 2 years I don't see any disadvantages over 10 or 7 :dunno:

If anything all the improvements are awesome, and you can change the theme.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,482 Posts
I'm only sort of used to 2010 version.

but I miss 03 version. it did everything faster - well everything I need it to do faster.

there are some neat features in 2010 that aren't possible in 03 - but not many

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am cool with 2007 and 2010. It took a little getting used to the Ribbon interface but once I was I liked it a lot more.

·
Insert Witty Title Here
2,803 Posts
The new office licensing pay by the month blows by the way.

821 - 840 of 872 Posts