LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to make another 2 pipes come out the other side of the 04 gto? just wondering? if so will it change the sound?

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
My father was telling me recently that when he was a teenager in the early sixties they would sometimes just hang another pipe, not connected to anything, just for the look. You could do that and get some fake scoops from JC Whitney and make a lot of people happy ;)

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
danny760 said:
is there a way to make another 2 pipes come out the other side of the 04 gto? just wondering? if so will it change the sound?
Anything you do to modify the exhaust is going to change the sound. Pontiac spent much of the time changing the Monaro over tuning the exhaust to get the sound right. They apparently had thousands of combinations they simulated, then built the ones that were most promising to test them before they decided on the setup as is.

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
danny760

How load is the exhaust? I mean can you tell the car is "mean" when it is just sitting there? You know, the kind of exhaust note that would make people stop what they are doing just to see what is coming thier way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes this thing growls like an pissed off lion. the grumble sound is very nice while idling and even better when moving.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
wishahadagoat said:
My father was telling me recently that when he was a teenager in the early sixties they would sometimes just hang another pipe, not connected to anything, just for the look. You could do that and get some fake scoops from JC Whitney and make a lot of people happy ;)
Yea, they were called "dummy" pipes.

Yes, there was a GTO at SEMA with it and a whole new rear valence panel with cutouts for a tip on each side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts