LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a slp loudmouth II cat back for an 05 .car was already jacked up and on 4 stands .tools out and ready .
entire stock cat back on the ground in 12 mins
how long would it take for some one to steal this ?not lol

·
Former user
3,861 Posts
Obviously the drugs are better in Virginia than they are here...idk wtf ur saying.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
lol after being on this forum for some time. i have learned to understand anyone. he is stating how easy it is to steal the exhaust with hand tools . jacks and 12 minutes worth of their time.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok its official
I HATE THE X PIPE
only took an hour to install but i dont like the sound

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has any one made a straight pipe to replace the x pipe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Change your picture! I had it first. JK coincidence I guess

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Straight pipes are the way to go. H and x are just glorified from the fox body boys that said they were a must to get good sound.(admit it they sound great) My muffler shop fabricated them with the muffler install so should be cheap.
Chuch

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
I love the sound of an H-pipe. I'm not too big on the X-pipe sound unless it is with certain setups.

·
Dirve it like you stole it
340 Posts
if i was gonna waste 12 mins of my time i would steal the car first and worry about the exhaust later

·
60% of the time, everytime.
1,167 Posts
hell would you even need jackstands if you knew what you wered doing? :sneak:

·
450 whp 432wtqw
127 Posts
scaf77 said:
Has anyone just taken out the resonator with factory muflers?
i would like a soulnd clip

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does anybody sell the front flange on the cat back.it would be an easy swap to get the x -pipe out i. i might go back to the x after headers,and dont want to cut up the slp stuff

·
Twitchin'
208 Posts
LITE SPD said:
X-pipe = :barf:
Agree 100%!!:judge:

Was a fan when I first had my straight pipe/x-pipe combo on my '04 b/c it was so different. Then it just pissed me off and I got sick of the sound. Hard to beat the old school sound of a separated dual setup - guess that is why the OEM '04 setup had no crossover and sounded so good.

When I got my Flowmaster CB, I noticed the x-pipe section was just a tiny little slit between the pipes and did not look like it would flow nearly as well as the Magnaflow X I had with the straight pipes. When I posted up as to whether or not I should ditch the x-pipe on the FM CB, everyone said that the sound was pure old school muscle as it was out of the box. When I got it installed...uhmmm...not so!! It still had the higher-pitched sound and was as quiet or quieter than the stock setup. Once I had the x-pipe section removed and replaced w/ 2.5" straight pipes - pure bliss!!! Old school muscle sound personified!:turbonaug Quite noticeably louder and deeper, with that great muscle growl and throatiness (just right)...but still refined and much more tame than the straight pipes (FM Super 40's on the CB).

Can't wait to get my '06 sounding more like my former '04. For what little HP gain the x-pipe provides, one will definitely NOT find itself on my car this time around!

Cheers! :drink:

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
Here we are, driving the successor to a legacy, and the designers went out of their way to plug the crossover in the resonator, to give us true duals. I admire you folks who are adventurous with the x- and h-pipe sound

But man, every time I start my car, I am reminded of the awesome 60's Chevelles and old-school GTOs, a Cutlass with Rocket 88, and one particular Wildcat that my motorhead buds had.

Maybe I am just too old to appreciate the sophistication of x and h. I think Pontiac nailed the true duals sound. All it needed was for us end-users to add some volume with headers and non-chambered exhaust.

My 0.02. But the h-pipe photobucket above, less the popping, sounds really awesome in its own way.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if i can find a flange or even a pair to fit the midpipes i will be straight piping it .nice thing about the slp is nothing is welded in.so its easy to mix and match,lol
at least i didnt pay full price to do this

·
1 of 40,757
6,484 Posts
I hated the x pipe in place of the resonator on the stock exhaust system.

Sounds much better with a magnaflow cat back with x-pipe. Id like to try an h-pipe but the last thing i want to do is cut up a $500 catback system :(

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok pulled both mufflers and tail pipes off .started the car a little louder and still that x pipe sound . the x must go !!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts