LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I'm planning out an exhaust system for my car, but I am unsure about a few things.

1st- I want Kooks lt headers and a magnaflow catback. What happens between the two.

Catted Mids, X-pipe, H-pipe. What options do I have as far as what goes in between the headers and cat-back.

Planning on getting a CAI also. Probably going with Volant or LPE. Then a custom tune at CAM with good ole' Mr. Creech.

I know this may be a noob question, so please forgive me.

Thanks guys,

Byron

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
If you want catted mids, buy the Kooks headers, with the catted mids as a kit. That kit will give you all you need to install your headers, and mids.

As far as wanting an X pipe, and Magnaflow mufflers. Just get a Magnaflow catback. the kit comes weith an X pipe already.

A tune will be nessisary after headers. IMO, go LPE intake kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Will that system make the computer pop codes? Is that set up legal? Really don't care too much, since I'm gonna get my car registered in Alabama, which require no inspections:gr_devil:

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
byront said:
Sounds good. Will that system make the computer pop codes? Is that set up legal? Really don't care too much, since I'm gonna get my car registered in Alabama, which require no inspections:gr_devil:
As long as you have cats your fine in the south. inspection or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts