LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust sound clip(s) and Corsa Sport Oval Pictures

Hey,

Within a couple days my Corsa Sport oval system should be here. So I figured for all you guys and gals who want to hear it would appreciate a nice recording of it with a good mic. Here is what the stocker sounded like using a Shure Beta 58A 2 feet back and 2 feet off to the side sound like. This is uncompressed 16 bit 44100 kHz sample rate .wav file.

Stock 2004 GTO exhaust

When the exhaust comes I will do the same setup and post it.

Brad

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Sounds good but not as good as the corsa.You will forget what the original system sounds like.I did! Anthony

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I have heard now from 2 people that it sounds good. I hope it does!

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pictures:

It'll get on as soon as I can get it on. Then comes some audio.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
So thats what the Corsa system looks like. Hmmm, interesting. I've been waiting for pics on that.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now i have to try to jack it up and put it on stands. Any tips?

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
The pics don't show the whole kit do they? Single exhaust???

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
I did mine at home so I didn't have a lift.Just jack up under the rear and put jack stands under the thunk in the trunk mounts.Just a word of advice,definitely use that never seize on the torca clamp threads,re-tighten wile hot but don't burn the sh*t out of your arm like I did.Keep the RPMs under 4000 if you can,It will be hard because it sounds awsome from 4000 up.If you have even one torca not positioned as the DIRECTIONS say you WILL have a leak.That being said,enjoy and let me know if you think it's as good as I say. Anthony

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the whole system. I like it because its a straight through muffler, very very large diamter, and gets rid of some gurgly with the Y. Supposibly the oval tip fills the rear bumper valence perfectly which the stocker doesn't come close to.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just measured it:

Entrance to the Y: 2.835"
Exit on the Y: 2.865

Most of the tubing falls within the mid 2.8" range. These are all inner diameter sizes so I am willing to say that this system is 3" all the way. The muffler is completely straight through with some porting for the RSC.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got it on today. It was easier to put on than my sparks plugs were to put on. It sounds like a demon and is as quiet inside as the stock. At constant speed it might even be quieter. The second you get on it though it has a very exotic throaty full sound with a good compliment of pops if you goose it a little on a downshift. I will have the audio in a few days. I want to let it break in.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
I will have the audio in a few days. I want to let it break in.
a few days?..............damn it we need sound.........now......

:hail: :cool:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I'd like to post a recording of mine. Trust me, it's cool. :cool:

But, umm, it's like, I don't know how. :rolleyes: I got a camcorder and an Olympus digital camera with sound recording, but haven't taken the time to learn how to record and then extract sound only.

Any ideas? :)

Padre

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I'd like to post a recording of mine. Trust me, it's cool. :cool:

But, umm, it's like, I don't know how. :rolleyes: I got a camcorder and an Olympus digital camera with sound recording, but haven't taken the time to learn how to record and then extract sound only.

Any ideas? :)

Padre
I would think with the olympus you could just shoot a short video clip and post it and then we could hear it.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you guys want a video I have a 5 meg Cannon dig camera. I can take a short movie, the quality of the sound might not be amazing. I have to look and see if its got a mic input on it. I am going to take something audio wise soon. I want to make sure it breaks in and the sound you hear is what it will sound like perm.

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
why is it playing upside down? anyone else have this issue?
Not here, played just fine looked good and sounds good more sound clips????

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Looks and sounds fine too me :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts