Registered
3,255 Posts
Mine are fine also. 4400 miles
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
bronko91 said:
I have developed 3 small areas approx 3/16ths on each of my tips where the chrome is coming off. Anyone else seeing this?
Yep! I've got the same problem only I have one spot about the size of a quarter. Started flaking at 157 miles.....

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
Bring it in to the dealer, under warrenty it should be replaced.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Absolutley is warranty!!

You may have to run it by the service department so they can order it. I am sure it will have to be ordered. May not come separately, however. They will have to look it up. You have a great car. keep it looking perfect.
Here is a possibility: If the pipe does not come separately and say it comes with the muffler assembly, maybe you can arrange to have a Corsa system installed and have GM pay the cost of replacing the GM unit, and you pay the differenct between the GM unit and a Corsa system. Just a thought. You will have to talk to the service manager about this. The Corsa is distributed thru GM, and is warranted for life.

dms

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will keep the system as is for now due to the amount of engineering work that went into the design and the quality of the sound. A few years down the road, who knows. LT headers will be there one day, but the back end will probably remain stock.

I talked to the dealer yesterday and they are ordering a new set and will install when they replace the shifter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts